Korea Corner at Auburn University
Korea Corner was opened in the Haley Center of Auburn University on March 28, 2017, with the support of the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Atlanta and the Office of the Vice President for University Outreach. This educational and cultural resource center will increase access to materials on Korea and create educational experiences for Auburn students and the local community.
The Korea Corner will help bridging the gaps between the Korean community and non-Korean communities by promoting a shared understanding and appreciation through collaborative efforts.
Korea Corner seeks to contribute to Auburn University Outreach efforts by helping meet changing needs of citizens in a global society in two ways.
- It aims to increase access to a variety of materials on Korea for both Auburn University students and members of the local community.
- For members of the Korean community, the Corner will provide assistance in creating educational experiences designed to strengthen their connection to American culture and society
News Articles about Korea Corner
- The North Korean Conflict: Where Are We Headed
- When: November 9, 6:00 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
- Where: Sciences Center Auditorium
- More about this event >>
- The event is free and open to the public.
Support Korea Corner
It is our great pleasure to announce the launch of the Korea Corner at Auburn University made possible through the financial support by the Korean Consulate General in Atlanta and University Outreach. Korea Corner will provide a variety of resources on Korea to Americans residing in the Auburn/Opelika and surrounding communities as well as Auburn University students. It is our expectation that the Corner will promote greater understanding of Korea and the Korean people among students, industry and the general public with the recent emergence of Korean automakers in the areas. Therefore, the primary purpose of the Corner is to increase accessibility of Korean culture by Auburn University students and community members. The Korea Corner is equipped with books, electronic materials, computers, TV screens, and Korean arts and crafts. The Korea Corner will also promote a variety of educational and cultural events such as special lectures and workshops. For members of the Korean community, the Corner will provide assistance in creating educational experiences designed to strengthen their connection to American culture and society.
We ask that you consider supporting the Korean Corner and its cultural and educational mission. Donations can be made in a variety of forms including outright gifts or gifts-in-kind. Please indicate the kind and level of your support below (form coming soon).
I hope you will choose to support our efforts and help us make an impact in developing meaningful relationships and promote a shared understanding between Koreans and the surrounding community. Thank you for your consideration and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Suhyun Suh, Coordinator, Korea Corner
Daniel (Dongwoo) Yu, Assistant Director, Global Leadership Training Initiative
Instructions for donating to Korea Corner online:
- Click on link below.
- Select 'Modify' under the "I want my gift to support" heading.
- Type 'Korea Corner' in the search area of the box that pops up.
- Check the box next to 'Korea Corner' and click 'Continue'.
- If you wish to donate only to Korea Corner, click the X next to the 'VP for University Outreach' option.
Last Updated: October 18, 2017