Financial Assistance Opportunities (Non-Credit Programs)
Download Informational Brochure | Download Application Form
Courses Offered in Classroom 90 Day Interest Free
- Students may pre-pay tuition (minimum tuition value: $500)
- A 10% down payment is required; the balance must be paid by cash, check, or money order, in regular installments determined at time of application
- Tuition must be paid in full at least 14 days prior to class start date
- If class is not held for any reason, all funds will be returned or applied to a future class
- If registration is cancelled (14 or more days) prior to the course start date, tuition will be refunded minus a $50 cancellation processing fee
- If registration is cancelled (0-13 days) prior to the course start date, or student is a no show, tuition will not be refunded and may only be transferred to another student or applied to a future class at the discretion of the Program Developer or Director (minus $50 cancellation processing fee)
- Students must pay for books/supplies/fees in full, directly to the bookstore or vendor. OPCE will not finance books/materials/fees or any other expense related to class
Current Auburn University Students
Student must be degree seeking and filed FAFSA to get federal funding. If student has not used all Financial Aid, he or she may apply for additional funds to pay for noncredit course/program offered by OPCE.
- Minimum loan: $500
- Maximum loan: Cost of Attendance minus expenses already allocated
After student has registered for course/program, OPCE will submit letter including student name, ID#, course name, and projected cost of tuition and books, to Financial Aid Office and request these fees be added to student’s budget. Bill for course/program will be sent to student upon approval from Financial Aid Office.
Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loans
Credit based loans available for parents of dependent undergraduate students who have filed the FAFSA.
- Student must be attending at least halftime (6 credits).
- Total loan amount cannot exceed Cost of Attendance minus any other aid the student will have.
- Parent must complete the Parent PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans
Credit based loans available for graduate/professional students who have filed the FAFSA.
- Student must be attending at least halftime (5 credits).
- Total loan amount cannot exceed Cost of Attendance minus any other aid the student will receive.
- Student must complete the Graduate PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov
For more information: 334-844-4634; www.financialaid.auburn.edu; firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Degree Seeking Student: Financing Options
Students Non-Certified Private Education Loans
Use your favorite search engine to research your options. Auburn University cannot recommend one lender over another.
- Call toll-free customer service number to ask questions.
- Do not apply online until you have chosen a vendor.
- Must be credit worthy or have co-signor.
- Variable interest rates (usually double digits).
- Turnaround time on loan is usually 7 business days.
- Student must know start date of course.
- Repayment begins 6 months after coursework completed.
Private Signature Loans
Student may request loan from lending institution of choice.
- Student must be employed and credit worthy or have co-signor
- Turnaround time depends on policy of lender
- Interest rate will not vary and may be lower than Non-Certified Private Education Loan
- Repayment will usually begin in 30 days
Financial Assistance through Online Vendors
Information/Apply: 1-877-225-7151; www.athometraining.com/auburn?p=tuition.
- Discount when program paid in full
- 3 Month Payment Plan/No Interest
- Pay down payment and remaining balance divided equally over 3 months
- 12 Month Payment Plan/8% Interest
- Pay down payment and remaining balance divided equally over 12 months
Center for Legal Studies:
Information/Apply: 1-800-522-7737; www.legalstudies.com/finanaid/index.html
- WIA - Workforce Investment Act Funding
- Continuing Education Loans
- Sallie Mae Career Training LoanSM
Information/Apply: 1-877- 221-5151; www.gatlineducation.com/loaninfo.html
- Private Education Loan: See webpage for detailed information
- Student Payment Plan: Interest Free
Health Ed Today:
- 10 Month Payment Plan / No Interest
- 30% down and make equal installments over next 10 months
All students should search for Private Scholarships: www.fastweb.com | www.collegequest.com
Last Updated: March 8, 2013