Auburn University Summer English School
K - 9th & Adult Grade Reading & Writing and Adult Conversation
June 1-26, 2015 | M-F, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Pick Elementary School | Auburn, AL
The Auburn University Summer English School is a collaborative effort between Auburn City Schools and the Auburn University Office of Professional and Continuing Education. This program was developed in 2008 in order to meet the English language learning needs of non-English speaking students in the area. The program provides 57 classroom hours of instruction in English reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for K-9th grade non-English speaking international students and adults.
- Improve the participants' English reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills
- Enhance the participants' knowledge of American culture and history
- Strengthen the partnerships among the community, local schools, and the university
- Promote cultural exchange among educators, parents, students, and community members
- Provide educational services that support the economic development of the community
Class Offerings and Registration: Click on a class listed below to register online
- K-1: Reading and Writing (R/W)
- 2-3: R/W Basic, R/W Advanced
- 4-5: R/W Basic, R/W Advanced
- 6-7: R/W Basic, R/W Advanced
- 8-9: R/W Basic, R/W Advanced
- Adult: R/W Basic, R/W Advanced
- Click here for Chinese Registration Form
- Click here for English Registration Form
- Click here for Korean Registration Form
- Click here for Spanish Registration Form
In person Registration at Yarbrough Elementary School:
- Wednesday, March 18th (11 am to 1pm / 4 pm to 6 pm)
- Wednesday, April 29th (11 am to 1pm / 4 pm to 6 pm)
Tuition and Discounts
- Total cost – $315 for all class offerings
- $20 Discount – if registered by May 1, 2015.
- $20 Discount – if registering 2 or more family members.
Do I qualify for a Summer English School scholarship?
If your child receives free/reduced lunch with their school system then he/she may qualify for a scholarship. A limited number of scholarships are available on the basis of financial need plus first come first serve. Students who qualify may apply within the required camp forms below.
Please read our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
A Special Thanks to Our Sponsors:
This program has been provided thanks to the generous contributions of the following organizations:
- Auburn City Schools
- Shelton Godwin
Last Updated: March 12, 2015