Auburn University Summer English School
K - 9th Grade Reading & Writing and Adult Conversation
June 2-27 daily (M-F, 9:00 am – 11:50 am) | Richland Elementary School | Auburn, AL
The Auburn University Summer English School is a collaborative effort between Auburn City Schools and the Auburn University Office of Professional and Continuing Education. This program was developed in 2008 in order to meet the English language learning needs of non-English speaking students in the area. The program provides 57 classroom hours of instruction in English reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for K-9th grade non-English speaking international students.
We commit to creating supportive academic learning environments in which students are able to enhance English language skills and achieve their learning potential. Every student will be inspired and challenged to grow personally, become socially and ethically responsible, and contribute productively to our global community.
- To improve the participants' English reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills
- To enhance the participants' knowledge of American culture and history
- To strengthen the partnerships among the community, local schools, and the university
- To promote cultural exchange among educators, parents, students, and community members
- To provide educational services that support the economic development of the community
|Grade||Class||Tuition (Before 5/1/14)||Tuition (After 5/1/14)|
|K-1||Reading & Writing (R/W)||$280||$295|
|2-3||R/W Basic, R/W Advanced||$280||$295|
|4-5||R/W Basic, R/W Advanced||$280||$295|
|6-7||R/W Basic, R/W Advanced||$380||$395|
Note: enrolled students will be required to take placement inventories.
Receive $15 discount per participant for registering 2 or more family members (this discount cannot be applied online). Receive $15 discount for registering by May 1. To register a second family, please call the Office of Professional and Continuing Education Registrar at (334) 844-5100.
To qualify, students must include a copy of the letter of eligibility for free or reduced lunch at school with application.
Registration–Open Until May 16, 2014
- Click a class listed above to register online.
- Click here for a registration form to register by phone, mail, or fax. (PDF)
- Click here for a registration form to register by phone, mail, or fax. (Word Document)
Cancellation requests must be received by May 16. A $20 cancellation fee will be charged. No refunds on or after May 17.
A Special Thanks to Our Sponsors:
This program has been provided thanks to the generous contributions of the following organizations:
- Auburn City Schools (2011-2014)
- MOBIS Alabama, LLC (2011)
- Pyong San America, Inc. (2012)
- Seohan Auto USA Corp. (2011- 2014)
- SL Alabama, LLC (2012)
- AJIN USA (2011-2012)
- CNJ, Inc. (2012)
- Daewon America, Inc. (2011-2014)
- Halla Visteon Climate Systems Alabama (2011-2014)
- Hanwha L&C (2011-2013)
- JSC (2012)
- KC Sol-Tech (2011-2012)
- Leehan America, Inc. (2012)
- Mando American Corp., Alabama (2012)
- Nikki American Fuel Systems (2011-2013)
- SCA, Inc. (2011-2014)
- SJA, Inc. (2011-2013)
For more information, please contact (334) 844.5100 or email Claire Twardy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: May 6, 2014