2018 Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI)
The AP® Summer Institute (APSI) Workshop is endorsed by College Board and designed to aid the professional development of teachers, counselors, and administrators who are involved with Advanced Placement (AP®) courses. Workshops are designed for teachers who are teaching an Advanced Placement course for the first time and for experienced teachers desiring refresher training. Topics include subject matter content, test construction, pupil and teacher selection, College Board policies and procedures, and preparation and grading of AP tests.
All workshop instructors will be College Board Endorsed Consultants unless otherwise designated, who have current information regarding AP® policies, including updates on any exam changes that may be occurring. All classes will be conducted on the campus of Auburn University. Specific classroom locations will be announced when that information becomes finalized.
APSI is a collaborative effort between:
- College Board
- A+ College Ready
- Alabama Department of Education
- Auburn University Truman Pierce Institute (College of Education)
- Auburn College of Sciences and Mathematics
- Auburn University Office of Professional and Continuing Education
To learn more about Auburn University's AP® Summer Institute, contact Claire Twardy at (334) 844-5100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*College Board, AP, Advanced Placement Program, AP Vertical Teams, Pre-AP and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.
For 2018, Auburn University and College Board will offer teacher workshops in the following areas:
Session 1: June 25-28, 2018
- English Language and Composition/ New AP teachers - TBD
- English Language and Composition/ Experienced AP teachers - TBD
- English Literature and Composition/ New AP teachers - Gretchen Polnac
- English Literature and Composition/ Experienced AP teachers - Celine Gomez
- US Government and Politics/ New and Experienced AP teachers – Jonathan Milner
- US History/ New AP teachers - Rhonda Rush
Session 2: July 9-12, 2018
- Biology/ New AP teachers - Matt Dean*
- Biology/ Experienced AP teachers - Lee Ferguson
- Computer Science Principles - New & Experienced AP teachers - Gina McCarley
- Environmental Science - TBD
Session 3: July 16-19, 2018
- Chemistry/ New AP teachers - Danny Elegante*
- Chemistry/ Experienced AP teachers - Mike Arim
- Physics/ New and experienced AP teachers – Judy Adler
- US History/ Experienced AP teachers - Bill Polasky
*Denotes A+ College Ready teachers only. This is an not an endorsed College Board instructor.
Enrollment in each workshop is limited and these offerings are contingent upon sufficient demand. If you wish to attend, register early to ensure that your subject area will be offered and that you will have a seat in the class.
- Non-Science AP course* — $600
*This fee includes instruction, College Board material, daily lunch, breaks, and class material
- Science AP course* — $650
*This fee includes instruction, College Board material, daily lunch, breaks, class material, and lab supplies
Continuing Education Credit
Those completing workshops successfully will be awarded a certificate for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for the contact hours of instruction completed. Graduate credit is not available for these workshops.
Last Updated: November 7, 2017