2019 Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI)
2019 Registration Now Open!
NOTE: Registration will be through the College Board CVENT system. All AP teachers and Coordinators will register through this system using their EPL login for College Board. If you do not have an account with College Board, then you may create an account when in the system. All payments go to Auburn University.
Auburn University APSI will accept Purchase Orders or payment by check only. No online credit card payments through the CVENT system. You may call the Auburn APSI office at 334-844-5100 to pay by credit card.
The AP® Summer Institute (APSI) Workshop is endorsed by College Board and designed to aid the professional development of teachers, counselors, and administrators who are involved with Advanced Placement (AP®) courses. Workshops are designed for teachers who are teaching an Advanced Placement course for the first time and for experienced teachers desiring refresher training. Topics include subject matter content, test construction, pupil and teacher selection, College Board policies and procedures, and preparation and grading of AP tests.
All workshop instructors will be College Board Endorsed Consultants who have current information regarding AP® policies, including updates on any exam changes that may be occurring. All classes will be conducted on the campus of Auburn University. Specific classroom locations will be announced when that information becomes finalized.
APSI is a collaborative effort between:
- College Board
- A+ College Ready
- Alabama Department of Education
- Auburn College of Sciences and Mathematics
- Auburn University Office of Professional and Continuing Education
To learn more about Auburn University's AP® Summer Institute, contact Claire Twardy at (334) 844-5100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*College Board, AP, Advanced Placement Program, AP Vertical Teams, Pre-AP and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.
For 2019, Auburn University will offer AP teacher workshops in the following areas:
AP Coordinator Training Session: June 24, 2019 (NO FEE for this one day workshop) – FULL - WAITLIST ONLY
- AP Coordinators Workshop – College Board consultant
Session 1: June 24-27, 2019
- English Language and Composition/ New AP teachers - Patricia Cain
- English Language and Composition/ Experienced AP teachers - Mary Jo Zell
- English Literature and Composition/ New AP teachers - Jerry Brown
- English Literature and Composition/ Experienced AP teachers - Rachel Stokes
- US Government and Politics/ New and Experienced AP teachers – Suzanne Bailey
Session 2: July 8-11, 2019
- Biology/ New and Experienced AP teachers - Mark Little
- Chemistry/ New and Experienced AP teachers - Denise DeMartino
- Calculus AB/ New and Experienced AP teachers – Kenneth Moore
- Computer Science Principles/ New and Experienced AP teachers – Jill Westerlund
- US History/ New and Experienced AP teachers – Bill Polasky
Enrollment in each workshop is limited and these offerings are contingent upon sufficient demand. If you wish to attend, register early to ensure that your subject area will be offered and that you will have a seat in the class.
2019 Registration fees:
- Non-Science AP course* — $650
*This fee includes instruction, College Board material, daily lunch, breaks, and class material
- Science AP course* — $700
*This fee includes instruction, College Board material, daily lunch, breaks, class material, and lab supplies
For your convenience, we have listed many hotels in the Auburn/Opelika area near campus. Look for additional hotel listings at aotourism.com. Please make these reservations soon, as hotels fill quickly in the summer. Auburn University does not endorse any hotel property for AP Summer Institute participants.
Continuing Education Credit
Those completing workshops successfully will be awarded a certificate for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for the contact hours of instruction completed. Graduate credit is not available for these workshops.
Last Updated: March 27, 2019