AU Leadership Series

Auburn University's Office of Professional & Continuing Education provides non-credit education business, leadership, and management programs designed to strengthen your organization. Strong leadership and management skills are essential to success in all organizations and our programs are designed to build and sharpen these skills through a variety of offerings.

March 19, 2019 – DNA of a Level 5 Leader

Matt Overby
Matt Overby
Summit Leadership

Guided in part by the wisdom of these two leadership giants, along with my personal experience with Summit Leadership, Chick-fil-A, Starbucks Coffee Company and others we'll discover the DNA of a Level 5 leader. We will work our way through how to apply the attributes of a healthy culture, emotional intelligence (E.Q.), teamwork, vulnerability, generational differences, communication, and more in our everyday lives to become leaders worth following. Come excited and prepared to engage in this conversation via large group, breakout groups, and most importantly what I like to call "mirror time".

P.S. "Mirror time" isn't to fix your hair or check your teeth for broccoli, it means hitting the pause button for the reflection time that we all need before we frantically rush back into our busy worlds and miss something of significance that could bring clarity to our lives. Like taking the time to read this P.S.

*This session is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs).

Speaker Bio    Register


May 16, 2019 – Emotional Intelligence

Lori King-Taylor
Lori King-Taylor
MEd, Training and Development - The Pennsylvania State University

Emotional intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and with empathy. At its most basic level, emotional intelligence is the ability to work effectively with different types of people in the workplace. As a leadership tool, emotional intelligence provides a leader with the ability to analyze, interpret, and assess the environment and use that information to inform the decision making process.

In this emotional intelligence leadership course, you will increase your personal leadership by learning how to manage your emotions in your most difficult moments, enabling you to perform and lead at your best, and connect with others in a more meaningful way.

*This session is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs).

Speaker Bio    Register


August 8, 2019 – Creating Buy-in: The Art of Persuasion and Motivation

Allison Blankenship
Allison Blankenship
BA, Communication – Auburn University

In a crazy world of tweets, texts and viral videos, you only have a few seconds to get your message heard. And to top it off, listeners think about themselves 94% of the time, leaving you in competition with the rest of the world for that illusive 6% of their attention.

This interactive program gives you hands on tools to motivate and persuade others to buy-in. Discover how to grab your listener’s attention with a message that is targeted and persuasive in just 3 simple steps. Increase your client compliance up to 93% by using one single word. And, create immediate buy-in and motivation by answering the one question every person asks.

*This session is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs).

Speaker Bio    Program Overview    Register


Last Updated: January 4, 2019