National Cheerleaders Association (NCA) Camp: July 15–18, 2019
Camp Dates & Facilities
- July 15–18, 2019 – Beard Eaves Memorial Coliseum
All camps will be housed in the Hill Dormitories which are configured in suites consisting of two double rooms (two students per room) connected by a bathroom. Convenient, online room assignment registration is available for all camps prior to arrival.
We are pleased to offer you and your squad the option of arriving one day early to camp. This eliminates the stress of check-in day. We offer housing for $35 per person. Please sign-up for the Early Arrival Option when registering through Varsity Spirit.
Each Squad will be given up to TWO parking passes that will allow parking in the lots next to the Hill Dormitories.
Campers will have a variety of meal options served buffet-style for breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided by Tiger Dining.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be served in Terrell Dining which is conveniently located next to the Hill Dormitories.
*A Sponsor Luncheon will be provided for coaches on the 3rd day of camp.
Every camper and sponsor will receive a team photo. Photos will be taken by a professional photographer on Day 1 during registration. You will be contacted closer to the time of camp to select your Photo Time Slot.
Squad photos are included in the cost of the camp. Every camper and coach in attendance will receive a photo. A professional photography company will be onsite to take squad photos.
*Individual photos will be available but will be paid for through Cameragraphics once you arrive.
It is our mission to make your camp experience at Auburn as great and memorable as possible. We hope you enjoy having a souvenir to remember your time at Auburn University.
Can we arrive early to campus?
- Our Early Arrival option gives coaches the choice of arriving one day prior to camp. This eliminates the stress of check-in day. Housing is offered for $35 per camper. To sign up for Early Arrival, contact your Varsity Spirit Representative.
When and where does registration take place?
- Registration will take place from 10 AM – 12 PM at Auburn University’s Beard Eaves Memorial Coliseum, located on South Donahue across from Hitchcock Field (Baseball Stadium). Please park in the lot located in front of the Coliseum. Only coaches are allowed inside camp registration.
We highly recommend arriving prior to 11 AM so coaches and campers will have enough time to move into their rooms, take squad photos, and arrive to their first camp meeting.
Where should parents drop off their campers?
- Parents should meet at the registration site where coaches will lead their squad (by car) to their assigned residence hall.
Where will coaches park?
- Each squad will receive up to 2 parking passes. These parking passes allow coaches to park in parking lots close to the Beard Eaves Memorial Coliseum, residence halls, and dining facilities. A map with these locations will be given to each coach at check-in.
How do I sign up for photos?
- Photos will be taken on the 3rd floor of the Beard Eaves Memorial Coliseum during registration. Coaches should sign-up for a photo time slot before they arrive at registration. Each camp participant will receive an 8 x 10-inch photo. Individual photos are available for $10 and will be paid for through Cameragraphics at the photo session.
How do I complete my rooming assignments?
- Each hall is configured in suites consisting of two double rooms (two campers per room) connected by a bathroom. A convenient, online room assignment form is available for coaches to complete prior to camp. An email explaining this process will be sent several weeks prior to camp.
What should campers bring to camp?
- Campers should bring their own toiletries, pillow, bedding (extra-long twin), bath towels, alarm clocks, soap, etc. Be sure to check with a Varsity Spirit Representative for a camp-specific packing list. Please note: rooms do not have refrigerators or microwaves.
Where do we eat on campus?
- All campers will eat their meals on campus in our dining facilities. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner will be served in The Terrell Dining Facility conveniently located next to the Hill Dormitories.
What is the check-out process?
- All campers and coaches must move out prior to the final day performance. Coaches will drop off all of their squad’s keys with the RA between 6:30 AM – 8:00 AM. There is a $15 charge for each missing key or swipe card.
Register your squad through Varsity Spirit using the button below:
|Emergency - Police | Fire | Ambulance||911|
|City of Auburn Police - 24 Hour||334-501-3100|
|Oﬃce of Prof. & Continuing Education||334-844-5100|
- Ask parents to meet you at the registration site (The Coliseum) and follow you to The Hill Dorms.
- Once moved in, toilet paper and trash bags can be found behind the RA’s desk on the ﬁrst ﬂoor.
- Your RA will be on call for any maintenance requests, such as clogged drains, or to make any key adjustments.
- Times: 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. on Registration Day
- Location: Beard Eaves Memorial Coliseum (Third Floor)
- Cost: Squad Photos are included in the cost of camp!
- Individual photos are available for $10, and will be paid directly to Cameragraphics. Additional photos can be ordered/purchased later at www.cameragraphics.ifp3.com
Noise: Please be considerate of your fellow campers. Keep noise levels at a minimum so as to not disturb others.
Maintenance: Report any maintenance problems in your room to your advisor/conference coordinator or to the Resident Manager. You are responsible for keeping your room and bathroom clean.
Security: The security of your accommodations is a shared responsibility. ALWAYS lock your door (even if you are just going down the hall) DO NOT PROP OPEN ANY OF THE BUILDING DOORS! Do not let anyone in the building who is not part of your group or who is not identiﬁable as a member of another group being housed in your residence hall. Camp participants are prohibited from entering residence halls other than those used for their camp. Co-ed visiting will be conﬁned to the lobbies of the residence halls.
Windows: Please do NOT open windows unless absolutely necessary (to control insects). Also do not lean out windows or hang wet clothing out to dry on window ledge. Do not throw anything from the windows for obvious safety reasons.
Furniture: All furniture in your room must remain there. Do not disturb furniture in lobby areas.
Decorations: Any method of aﬃxing decorations that puts holes in or mars walls, woodwork, doors, or furnishings, removes paint, or leaves behind a residue is prohibited. Signs or posters on room doors facing the interior hallway must be kept within the University provided bulletin board. Do not use chalk on sidewalks outside any buildings on campus. NO GLITTER IS ALLOWED IN THE DORM ROOMS!
Trash Disposal: Please remove trash to the receptacles located on each hall.
Vending: Soft drink and snack machines are located in the lobby areas. There are no ice or change machines in the residence halls.
Fire Alarms: ALWAYS assume that a ﬁre alarm means that there really is a ﬁre. Follow these steps if a ﬁre alarm sounds: Feel the door from the bottom to top for heat with the back of your hand. Crouch low and open the door slowly. Close the door behind you and go quickly to the nearest stairwell- DO NOT USE AN ELEVATOR. Go down the stairs and exit the building immediately.
- Auburn University’s Minors on Campus Policy requires 1 adult per 10 youth. Please make absolutely certain that your campers are adequately supervised, even during “free time.” While Auburn University realizes the task of chaperoning these young people is a diﬃcult one, we must insist you maintain a “watchful eye” for the sake of safety.
- No intoxicants or controlled substances will be allowed at any time during the camp. Anyone abusing this rule will be dismissed from the camp and asked to return home. All Auburn University facilities are “Smoke-Free”, including residence halls.
- QUIET zones should be established in the following areas:
- In and immediately around residence halls;
- On the way to meeting facilities; and
- In and around the Student Activity Center, Coliseum, & Arena (except in areas reserved for camp use).
- Resident campers are asked to remain on campus at all times, and under NO circumstances should students drive an automobile on campus.
- To promote a safe environment, if traveling after dark, it is always wise to travel in groups and stay in well-lit areas. The City of Auburn Police Department is aware that your group is on campus, so oﬃcers will be especially diligent in overseeing the group’s safety.
- In the event of a medical emergency, whenever practical you are asked to contact the Camp Manager before transporting any student. Emergency medical care is available at the East Alabama Medical Center. Emergencies of a more serious nature should be approached by contacting the Rescue Squad. Please make certain that the medical facility is made aware of the patient’s full name, home address and insurance carrier.
- The practice facilities will be available for use from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
- All camp activities are restricted to assigned courts and are not allowed in hallways.
- Because of the nature of the ﬂooring in the practice facilities, two rules are absolutely mandatory:
- Only soft-soled, white-soled shoes may be worn in that building on the gymnasium ﬂoor.
- No food, drink coolers, thermos jugs, etc., will be allowed inside the court areas.
- Tape and “stick-on” nametags are not allowed on any arena surfaces. Spirit signs can only be attached and displayed using string and/or zip ties.
- Practice Facility Personnel do not have ice available, and they are not responsible for ﬁrst aid equipment or services. Auburn Youth Programs staﬀ will provide these items.
- Please do not allow participants to enter the scheduled facilities or to begin any activity before the scheduled beginning of that activity. Camp staﬀ members must also be present in the facility.
- When staging is in use, it should be used ONLY for instructional purposes; students should never use the platform except for individual talent productions or demonstrations. Then only a very limited number of students should be on-stage and supervised by camp instructional staﬀ.
- No pyrotechnics or ﬁreworks are allowed in AU Facilities.
- The Coliseum, Student Activity Center, Arena, and Auburn University are not responsible for any lost or stolen articles. Please do not leave any valuables unattended.
The Oﬃce of Professional and Continuing Education and the rest of the Auburn University family invite you to attend a special luncheon on the third day of camp. This luncheon is our way of saying “thank you” for accompanying your students to camp and making their experience at Auburn a safe and enjoyable one. We’re hoping it will give you a few moments to relax and network with other coaches and sponsors.
- Location: Terrell Dining Facility
- Time: 11:30 AM
- Date: Day 3 of Camp
At the luncheon, you will also receive your squad's photos!
CHECKING OUT | 6:00 AM – 8:00 AM
- All campers and coaches must move out prior to ﬁnal day performance.
- All keys must be returned between 6:00 AM - 8:00 AM. There is a $15 charge for each missing key or swipe card.
- Drop oﬀ all of your squad’s keys with the RA in the original key envelope. Keys CANNOT be left on RA desk or brought to the ﬁnal performance.
- Please follow the guidelines below to ensure a smooth and successful check-out.
GUIDELINES FOR CHECK-OUT
- Clean your room & don’t forget to check your bathroom, dressers, closets, and under your bed.
- Leave all drawers & closets partially open.
- Bag all of your trash and put it in the large trash cans in the hallways.
- Leave the room OPEN & UNLOCKED so they can be checked for damages and items left behind!
Last Updated: December 18, 2018