Mobile Industrial Design Workshop: June 8-12, 2020
Rising 9th – 12th Grade
Please note: This is a DAY Camp located at Auburn University’s futures studio in Mobile, Alabama. No overnight housing options are available.
Auburn University's Mobile Industrial Design Workshop offers an engaging program for rising 9th - 12th grade students interested in a professional career in Industrial Design. Hosted by the College of Architecture, Design, and Construction's Industrial Design program, this week-long workshop offers an intensive design experience beginning with the identification of a design problem and rapidly progressing through idea generation, concept development, and exploratory prototyping.
Each day is filled with practical, hands-on design activities, technical demonstrations, and in-depth instruction. Foundational skills such as sketching, rendering, and prototyping are emphasized throughout the week as participants develop their solution to the issue at hand.
Faculty, staff, and student assistants from Auburn University's Industrial Design program provide individual attention and guidance to each participant. Camp leaders are recognized for their desire to communicate with young people and to share their knowledge of design. Faculty members assisting with the workshop hold professional degrees in design and have industry experience in the field.
Mobile Industrial Design Workshop Schedule:
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Drop-off | 4:15 PM – 4:30 PM Pick-Up
Friday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Drop-off | 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM Final Check-out/Pick-Up
futures studio is a collaboration between The School of Industrial and Graphic Design and the local businesses of Mobile, Alabama. The collaborative studio is housed in 301 Conti Street, Mobile, AL - Located in downtown Mobile on historic Cathedral Square in the Alabama Contemporary Art Center.
301 Conti Street
Mobile, AL 36602
Meals will be catered to futures studio. All dietary restrictions and allergies are taken into consideration for each meal.
Faculty information coming soon!
Registration for Summer 2020 opens December 2, 2019.
Camp Fees are $580 and include the following items:
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
All cancellation and transfer requests must be submitted via email. Please send your request to email@example.com or call (334)844-5100.
- Cancellation request received at least 4 week prior to the start date of the program: Full refund, less $40.
- Cancellation request received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date: Refund of 50%
- Cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the program start date or “no show”: No refund.
Note: Refunds will be issued to the individual/organization who made the original payment.
- A camper’s registration for one program may be transferred to another program. Prior to May 1, 2020, there is no charge to change programs. After May 1, 2020, there is a $25 fee per transfer.
- A camper’s registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee per transfer.
Last Updated: February 18, 2020