Pharmacy Day Camp in Mobile, AL: June 5-9, 2023 from 9am to 3pm
Rising High School 11th and 12th Grade + Rising College Freshmen
The Harrison School of Pharmacy, in partnership with Auburn Youth Programs, invites you to join us for Pharmacy Camp. This unique opportunity is for rising high school 11th and 12th grade students as well as rising college freshmen who are interested in pharmacy. This hands-on experience will allow campers to explore the profession through various learning experiences such as skills and compounding labs, while also exposing you to the various career options through visits to local pharmacies and healthcare facilities. Our campers will also have the opportunity to learn from and with upcoming practitioners. The camp is led by rising second- and third-year pharmacy students and facilitated by pharmacy faculty. Our goal is to familiarize students with the pharmacy profession and the many opportunities available in this field!
- Monday – Did you know all the places a pharmacist can practice?
- Tuesday – Community Pharmacy
- Wednesday – Ambulatory Care Pharmacy
- Thursday – Inpatient/Acute Care Pharmacy
- Friday – Professional Life – Being a pharmacist – Applying to pharmacy school and Interviewing Tips
This camp is held at the Harrison School of Pharmacy - Mobile Campus.
Information coming soon!
Applications will open on December 1, 2022 and close on March 1, 2023. Applicants will be considered on a spots-available basis.
Accepted applicants will have until April 1, 2023 to accept their spot and pay a $100 deposit. All camp fees are due by May 1, 2023.
Note: Students who are accepted to camp as rising college freshmen must be under 19 years of age at the time of camp and cannot attend college orientation before camp.
For your application you will need:
- Copy of your high school transcript or most recent report card (un-official copies allowed)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from either a teacher, mentor or coach
- Four (4) brief essays (all 150 words or less – written in one document)
- What interests you about the pharmacy profession?
- Why would you like to be admitted to this program?
- What do you expect to learn or take away from this program?
- How did you learn or hear about this program?
PLEASE NOTE: Each document must be uploaded as a PDF.
Camp Fees are $350.
Last Updated: January 12, 2023