Junior Vet Camp: June 25 - June 30, 2023
Rising 6th – 8th Grade
Junior Vet Camp (6th – 8th grade) and Senior Vet Camp (9th - 11th grade) will no longer require applications to be accepted into the summer program. These two camps are now filled on a first-come first-served basis. Registration for all camps open on December 1st, 2022 at 9:00 am CT. Once all (45) spots per camp are filled, a waitlist will become available. In the event of a cancellation/drop from the camp roster, students from the waitlist will be contacted and given a spot in the camp. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Auburn Youth Programs at email@example.com, or give us a call at 334.844.5100.
Advanced Vet Camp (12th grade) will still require a personal essay to be accepted into the program.
The Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine partners with the Auburn University Office of Professional and Continuing Education to offer Vet Camps each summer to youth interested in the veterinary medicine profession.
Campers will learn about veterinary medicine first-hand in classrooms, laboratories, and outdoor facilities that include Auburn’s raptor, equine, dairy, beef, and swine units. Campers will learn about public health, food animals, wildlife, anatomy, imaging, and first aid, as well as gain valuable mentoring about veterinary science careers.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
For more information on our world-renowned Veterinary program, please visit our website at: http://www.vetmed.auburn.edu/.
As a helpful guide to guide to explore veterinary medicine and the science of animals, visit Vet Set Go.
Campers will reside in the Hill Dormitories. They are designed in suites consisting of two double-occupancy rooms connected by a bathroom.
Breakfast and dinner will be provided in one of the newly-renovated campus dining locations. Lunch will be catered at the Auburn University Veterinary Medicine Facility. All dietary restrictions and allergies are taken into consideration for each meal.
The instructional activities and hands-on experiences for this camp will be held at the Auburn University Veterinary Medicine facility.
Faculty information coming soon.
Camp for 2023 is FULL. If you would like to Wait List, select the Wait List button below.
Camp Fees are $1,200 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
All cancellation and transfer requests must be submitted via email. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334) 844-5100.
- Cancellation request received at least 4 week prior to the start date of the program: Full refund, less $50.
- Cancellation request received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date: Refund of 50%
- Cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the program start date or “no show”: No refund.
Note: Refunds will be issued to the individual/organization who made the original payment.
- A camper’s registration for one program may be transferred to another program. Prior to May 1, 2022, there is no charge to change programs. After May 1, 2022, there is a $25 fee per transfer.
- A camper’s registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee per transfer.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- Two (2) pairs of jeans/long pants (no leggings) for field trips
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes – must be worn everyday
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Spending Money
Last Updated: March 29, 2023