Online Tax Seminar
October 18-19, 2023, January 18-19, 2024
Auburn University Tax Seminar Online Option: October 18-19, 2023, January 18-19, 2024
ZOOM live with Beanna Whitlock, EA, and Chris Bird, EA, CFP
Since 1973, Auburn University has provided quality continuing education at an affordable price for enrolled agents, certified public accountants, public accountants, certified financial planners, tax practitioners, and attorneys.
Auburn University Online Tax Seminar is taught by Beanna Whitlock, EA and Chris Bird, EA, CFP. Designed for tax professionals with at least several years' experience as a professional tax preparer and an understanding of tax rules and regulations associated with individual and business tax returns.
This course is taught in ZOOM with live presentation by the instructors. Questions for the instructor may be created in the chat feature.
This course is designed for:
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Enrolled Agents (EA)
- Public Accountants (PA)
- Tax Practitioners
- Annual Filing Season Program practitioners (AFSP)
This course offers:
- Online instruction on new and current tax laws plus special topics for tax professionals with at least several years of experience as a professional tax preparer and an understanding of tax rules and regulations associated with individual and business tax returns.
- This course fulfills the continuing education requirements for all tax professionals including Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Enrolled Agents (EA), Public Accountants (PA), Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) practitioners, and attorneys (CLE). All live courses qualify for taxation 14 CPE and (regulatory ethics 2 CPE) or for attorneys - 13.3 CLE including 1.7 hours of Ethics when applicable.
- Practical information for your tax practice.
- The National Income Tax Workbook offers tax professionals current information needed to prepare individual and small business income tax returns. The book is annually updated to incorporate the most current tax laws and appropriate guidance. This publication is used as the course tax workbook at all Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation tax seminars throughout the United States.
Objectives & Prerequisites
- Course objectives: Upon completion of this online seminar, participants will be able to:
- Apply specific concepts and strategies covered in the online seminar while preparing tax returns, and
- Advise clients about planning strategies applicable to their situations.
- Prerequisites: At least several years of experience as a professional tax preparer and an understanding of tax rules and regulations associated with individual and business tax returns.
- Advanced Preparation: None required
- NASBA Program Level: Overview
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
A virtual copy of the book is included in the full course class fee.
The hardcover (paper) edition of the National Income Tax Workbook will be offered for an additional fee of $55.00 for the online tax seminars. A digital copy of the book will be provided with the full course fee. Please select this option when you register online or by phone.Note: LGUTEF increased their fee on the hard copy tax workbook.
Book cover graphics are coming soon!
This hardcover book purchase must be made two weeks prior to the start of the seminar to allow time for shipment to your provided mail address. We cannot guarantee it will arrive in time if purchased less than two weeks ahead of class time. Books cannot be delivered to a PO Box!
Order your optional books when you register. If ordered less than two weeks prior to the start of the class, we cannot guarantee the hardcover book will arrive in time for your online class date. For more information about the books, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Online Tax Seminar Accreditation
These seminars have been approved for the following continuing education credits for each module completed.
- Field of Study(NASBA) for CPAs: Taxes - 14 CPE and (regulatory ethics - 2 CPE) = 16 CPE
- IRS Categories: Federal Update (3); Federal Tax (11); Regulatory Ethics (2)
- CLE: Taxation (13.3); Ethics (1.7)
Certificates of Attendance
Certificates will be emailed to each registrant completing the seminar. No certificates will be mailed.
All complaints should be referred directly to Alan Spencer, Tax Seminar Program Developer, Auburn University Accounting & Tax Training Institute (334-844-5100) email@example.com or to Hope Stockton, Director, (334-844-2870) Auburn University, Office of Professional & Continuing Education, 301 O.D. Smith Hall, Auburn, AL, 36849-5608 or email Hope Stockton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auburn University Tax Seminar Online option:
|Start Date||Cost||Register Online|
|October 18-19, 2023||$275||Register|
|January 18-19, 2024||$275||Register|
|NOTE: A virtual copy of the National Income Tax Workbook is included in the fee. The hardcover (paper) edition of the book will be shipped directly to your home or office prior to the start of the program. Must be ordered two weeks prior to the start of your live tax seminar or online tax course. $55.00 for hardcover (paper) edition. 16 CPE|
- Registration fees: Registration fees differ based on credit hours chosen.
- $275 for full course 16 CPE hours/ 13.3 CLE
- A digital copy of the book will be provided with the full course fee. Please select this option when you register online or by phone.
- The hardcover (paper) edition of the National Income Tax Workbook will be offered for an additional fee of $55.00 for the online tax seminars.
- 2024 RIA Federal Tax Handbook (includes shipping and sales tax) $49.99
- 2024 CCH Master Tax Guide Handbook (includes shipping and sales tax) $49.99
- Written notice within 10 days of the start of the online seminar a full refund will be issued less a $25.00 administrative fee;
- Requests to transfer to another scheduled live seminar, if seating permits, for an additional $25 fee;
- NO REFUNDS will be issued after the start of an online seminar.
For more information about cancellations or transfers, please email us at email@example.com or call 334-844-5100.
2023 Instructor Team
Christopher Bird, EA, CFP: Instructor for ZOOM online courses Chris Bird has been in the financial business for over 35 years. He began his career after earning a degree in Accounting and a minor in Business Administration. He also holds the Certified Financial Planner designation (CFP). Chris was a Senior IRS agent for 16 years. He began conducting courses after leaving the IRS and started his own company, Chris Bird Seminars, Inc. Chris went on to conduct over 125 seminars a year on accounting, financial planning, wealth building, residential rental property ownership, and tax strategies for the real estate and financial industries nationwide. He has presented his widely acclaimed courses multiple times at NAR conventions. Chris was an adjunct instructor at the University of Illinois in tax law for over 20 years. He is a Senior CRS Instructor and a Senior Faculty Instructor for the Realtors Land Institute. And he also teaches at all the Illinois tax seminars currently using the National Income Tax Workbook also used in the Auburn University programs. Chris has a unique way of making a tough subject (taxation instruction) entertaining and enlightening for our audience.
Beanna J. Whitlock, EA: Instructor for ZOOM online courses Beanna is an Enrolled Agent in private practice, Whitlock Tax Service, LLC, located in Canyon Lake, Texas. She has been a tax law instructor for more than 40 years, with emphasis on Limited Liability Company, Ethics, and Professional Conduct presentations. Beanna has taught tax professionals across the country including her instruction assignments for Auburn University. She has testified before Congress, Treasury and the IRS Oversight Board and served on the IRS Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee as well as the IRS Commissioner’s Advisory Council (CAG). She served as the IRS Director of National Public Liaison for Commissioner Mark Everson and is a recipient of the Commissioner’s Award for Excellence of Service. She has been honored by Accounting Today as one of the 100 Most Influential in Accounting. Known for her fierce defense of the tax professional community, Beanna is frequently consulted by accounting and tax publications regarding issues concerning the tax professional community.
Schedules COMING SOON!
Last Updated: September 18, 2023