Lunch and Learn – The Philanthropy Talk: The Client Conversation Worth Having with Greg Doepke
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
This lunch and learn program is sponsored by the Women's Philanthropy Board and the Cary Center for the Advancement of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies and will cover topics for financial advisers to discuss charitable planning with their clients. In its 2016 Charitable Giving Statistics, the National Philanthropic Trust noted that approximately 91% of high-net-worth households give to charity. In 2016, giving by individuals and families reached an all-time high of $389.05 billion. What's more, many clients, especially high-net-worth clients, expect their advisers to discuss charitable planning with them. Fully one-third of high-net worth individuals surveyed in the 2017 U.S. Trust Study of the Philanthropic Conversation said that the topic should be raised during their very first meeting with an adviser, and 90% stated that the discussion should occur within the first several meetings.
Lunch and Learn Details:
- When: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
- Where: Auburn Chamber of Commerce, 714 E. Glenn Avenue, Auburn, Alabama
- Fee: $39 includes boxed lunch with drink, refreshment break, and course materials
- Speaker: Greg Doepke, CFP, CAP, Founder of Aspire to Give
- CPE Credits:
- CPAs 1.8 CPE
- CFPs 1.5 CPE
- Attorneys 1.5 CLE
- Download Course Outline
At this lunch and learn meeting you will:
- Learn how to add client value and build your business through the philanthropic conversation
- Learn the latest about leading-edge philanthropic giving vehicles such as donor advised funds, opportunity zones, and social impact investing
- Learn and understand the 3 reasons clients give to charity and their 3 main charitable giving concerns
- Develop a client strategic giving plan with 7 essential questions for smart giving
- Learn how to start the philanthropy conversation with easy questions and talk
This course is designed for:
- Certified Financial Planners (CFP)
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Enrolled Agents (EA)
All complaints should be referred directly to Claire Twardy, Tax Seminar Program Developer, Auburn University Accounting & Tax Training Institute (334-844-5100) email@example.com or to Hope Stockton, Director, (334-844-5101) Auburn University, Office of Professional & Continuing Education, 301 O.D. Smith Hall, Auburn, AL, 36849-5608 or email Hope Stockton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration fee includes lunch: $39.00
Greg Doepke, CFP, CAP and Founder of Aspire to Give
Tax Workshop Accreditation
These seminars have been approved for the following continuing education credits:
- Field of Study(NASBA) for CPAs: Taxes - 1.8 CPE
- IRS Categories: Federal Tax (1.8)
- CFP: General Session credits (1.5 CPE)
- CLE: Taxation (1.5 CLE)
Objectives & Prerequisites
- Course objectives: Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Apply specific concepts and strategies covered in the seminar while advising clients, and
- Advise clients about planning strategies applicable to their situations.
- Prerequisites: At least several years of experience as a professional tax preparer and an understanding of tax rules and regulations associated with individual and business tax returns.
- Advanced Preparation: None required
- NASBA Program Level: Intermediate
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
Last Updated: August 9, 2019