Auburn University Project Prioritization Program
FY17 Project Prioritization Program - Project Submission Website
(Click above link to submit projects. Login required.)
The purpose of the Project Prioritization Program is to provide matching Repair & Renovation (R&R) funds up to $75,000 per project for renovations and improvements to facilities or space that otherwise must be funded solely by the office or college, or be deferred for funding due to other priorities or constraints.
Due to the new budget model starting FY17, the Project Prioritization Program is subject to approval by the Repair and Renovation Committee.
Project Review & Approval
Therefore, Facilities Management seeks project submissions from all organizations across campus to compete for R&R funding in FY17. Projects from all Auburn University organizations will be reviewed and approved based on the corresponding building's eligibility for R&R funding, compliance with the Policy on Repair and Renovation Funding, available R&R funding, and the priority of each project.
Furthermore, submissions from all academic related organizations, such as those under the leadership of the Provost, will be reviewed and approved by the Office of the Provost. The other non-academic submissions, such as those under the Executive Vice President, the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Vice President for Research & Economic Development, the Athletic Department, Auxiliary Services, Alumni Affairs, Office of Development, or the Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES), will be reviewed and approved by the Facilities Management leadership.
Number of Projects to Submit
We ask that each organization submit no more than 2 projects. Each group must prioritize the projects within their organization so to meet the 2 project limit. Refer to the User Guide for a listing of all organizational groups as currently identified in the Project Prioritization Program.
Project Cost GuidelinesFor the purpose of determining the estimated total project costs for each of your project submissions, please refer to the typical costs per square foot of space for each renovation type listed below:
- Office Renovations: $110 per square foot
- Laboratory Renovations: $300 per square foot
- Classroom Renovations: $115 per square foot
- Common Area Renovations: $85 per square foot
Additional Points about the Project Prioritization Program
- Refer to the User Guide located on the Help page for instructions on how to login to the system and submit each of your projects.
- Please note that the online system "times out" after 45 minutes, therefore you may wish to first prepare your information in a separate Word document and then copy/paste into the online system once completed.
- No submissions will be accepted for renovation of space that you do not currently control.
- Substantial changes or expansion of the project scope after the project has been submitted and approved will not be allowed.
- There is no carryover of projects from the prior FY Project Prioritization Program; therefore, any projects which were not approved in the previous year will need to be re-submitted for consideration in the current FY.
- Submissions of existing projects that have already received R&R funding will not be accepted.
- Completely answer the 8 strategic questions on the submission form as they relate to each of your projects.
Project Submissions for FY17 close on Friday, August 5, 2016.
Last Updated: April 01, 2016