Auburn University unveiled the newly named Josetta Brittain Matthews Hall in a special ceremony on Wednesday afternoon in honor of the university’s first African American graduate and faculty member. The residence hall is home to the school’s Honors College students.
High school valedictorian Donovan Evins already is making an impact, getting involved on the Plains.
News Updates and Upcoming Events
Auburn University senior Shelby Wales is now a Barry M. Goldwater Scholar, an honor bestowed on only 410 students nationwide this year. The scholarship is widely considered the most prestigious award in the United States for undergraduates in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Auburn planning for in-person fall semester
- University message about Chauvin trial verdict
- Auburn University’s pharmacy building auditorium named in honor of pharmacy, education alumni
- Alabama Senate confirms Auburn University trustee to replace Secretary Austin
- Esteemed political science professor, pair of Auburn students receive prestigious Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award
Visit the Newsroom