Auburn University Direct Deposit PolicyAll employees are required to authorize electronic direct deposit of their pay.
What is Direct Deposit?Direct Deposit is a safe and secure way to have your pay deposited directly into your checking or savings account. Instead of having to take the time to deposit a check yourself, Auburn University will electronically transfer your pay into your account.
Why Use Direct Deposit?Direct deposit offers many advantages over checks, including:
- Security: With direct deposit, you don't have to worry about lost, stolen or misplaced checks.
- Reliability: You do not have to wait for your department to pick up and issue your checks. You can have peace of mind knowing your money will be in your account on time.
- Flexibility: If you decide to switch accounts or change financial institutions, it's easy to change your direct deposit arrangements. Simply follow the instructions shown below.
How do I initiate or change Direct Deposit?Update your information electronically by following these instructions:
- Go to www.auburn.edu
- Click on AU Access in top right hand corner
- Log-in using user name and password
- Click on Employee Services Tab
- Click on Self Service Banner
- Click on Bank Account Update
- Enter the last 6 digits of your Social Security Number (for security purposes)
- Under HR/Payroll Bank Info enter your bank information twice (routing & account number) and select account type
- Click on Update HR/Payroll Bank Info
Pay stub details may be viewed through AU Access. Visit the View Pay Stub web page for detailed instructions.