View related pages
Ph.D., University of Connecticut
M.S., University of Connecticut
B.A., Southern Connecticut University
Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
1997 - present
Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
1991 - 1997
Actuarial Intern, AFLAC
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
1986 - 1991
Visiting Associate Professor, Wesleyan University
1985 - 1986
Teaching Assistant, University of Connecticut
1980 - 1984
Programmer/Analyst, US Army's Concepts Analysis Agency
Summer 1981 - 1982
Honors and Awards
Nominated for Sigma XI
Awarded Van Vleck Visiting Fellow
1985 - 1986
Recipient of the University of Connecticut Predoctoral Fellowship
Honorary membership of Pi Mu Epsilon
Selected to the Federal Internship Program
Mathematics Department Honors, SCSU
Research and Teaching Interests
Algebra: Commutative Rings; Finite Rank Torsion-Free Modules; Actuarial Mathematics
- "When the endomorphism ring is commutative" with Huajun Huang, and Ulrich Albrecht
- "Butler Modules Over Priifer Domains", with A. Giovannitti and W. Ullery, Butler modules over Priifer domains. Comm. Algebra 36 (2008), no. 3, 858-868.
- "Cobalanced Extensions of a Torsion-Free Module by a Torsion Module Over an Integral Domain", with A. Giovannitti, Cobalanced extensions of a torsion-free module by a torsion module over an integral domain. Comm. Algebra 36 (2008), no. 9, 3253-3262.
- "Precobalanced and Cobalanced Sequences of Modules Over Domains", with A. Giovannitti, Math. Bohem. 132 (7), (2007), 35-42.
- "FI-Extending Hulls of Abelian Groups", with Gary Berkenmeier, and Anthony Giovannitti, submitted.