Junior & Senior Division: Thursday, March 9, 2017
GEARSEF if going paperless this year! See below for details on how to register for the new online system this Fall.
What is GEARSEF?
GEARSEF is a regional affiliate fair of the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF), the world's largest international pre-college science competition.
New This Year!
GEARSEF is going paperless! As such, ALL teachers should join us for one of the free training sessions on the new online system listed below:
- Workshop (for new teachers):
Monday, September 26, 9:00am - 2:30pm @ the Auburn Chamber of Commerce
STI-PD credit, lunch, and sub-pay (up to $85) will be provided
Registration Link (Sept. 19th deadline)
- Webinar (for previous participants):
Thursday, September 22, 7:00-8:30pm
For questions or if you are unable to attend but would still like to participate, please contact Josh King (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who may participate?
The Greater East Alabama Regional Science & Engineering Fair (GEARSEF) is open to all students in grades 6-12 who have advanced from their local science fair (school, county, district, or community fair) and reside within the following Alabama counties: Autauga, Barbour, Bullock, Butler, Chambers, Coffee, Crenshaw, Dale, Elmore, Geneva, Henry, Houston, Lee, Lowndes, Macon, Montgomery, Pike, Russell, and Tallapoosa. Students can be enrolled in public or private schools in the region or affiliated with a home school cover school.
It is recommended that students present their projects at a school or county science fair and only advance to GEARSEF if they were in the top 25% of those participating in the fair. For students already participating in a school or county science fair, Auburn University's Regional Fair is the next step forward for those winning projects. If the school district or county you reside in does not have its own fair, Auburn's Regional Fair can serve as the first competition site for top student projects pending pre-approval from the GEARSEF Science Fair Director.
How much does it cost to participate?
The cost is $20.00/project entry.
How do I register my school? My project?
- Registration information will be given at any of the informational sessions listed above and will be available on our website after those dates.
- Schools should register for the GEARSEF digital system in the early Fall to allow time for the needed paperwork and project pre-approval signatures.
- If your school is unable to attend a session or your school does not have a fair, please contact Josh King (email@example.com) to register.
- Individual project details will not be due until February 10, 2017 and will be turned in through the online system noted above.
I still have questions, who should I contact?
First, download the FAQ page located on the left-hand side of this webpage. If your questions are still not addressed you may contact:
GEARSEF Fair Coordinator
Last Updated: 08/30/2016