- How to Make Changes in the Plan of Study?
- Usually, changes such as adding or deleting courses or switching or adding additional advisory committee members are easily accomplished. The next page is the form that is used for making changes in the Plan of Study for MST, MST-NT, and PhD students. You may make copies of the form and use them. This form must be signed by the student’s advisory committee and then forwarded to the Department Chair and the Dean of the Graduate School for approval. More than four changes requires that a new Plan of Study be submitted. All changes must conform to the guidelines for preparing the Plan of Study. All changes in the Plan of Study must be done before the beginning of the student’s final semester.
- Trouble Spots - Beware!
- All grades of "incomplete" (IN) must be removed within the following six months or it will be recorded permanently as an F, and the course will have to be repeated. This applies regardless of the student’s enrollment status. A student not enrolled during the following six months is not exempt from this rule. No student may graduate until "incomplete" and "no record" grades are removed, and the removal must be completed at least three weeks before the date of graduation, regardless of whether the course is included on the plan of study. You should not register for BIOL 7950/8950 (Seminar) until your thesis/dissertation has been approved by your advisory committee.
- All course deficiencies must be listed on the Plan of Study (masters and PhD) and completed before a student is allowed to graduate.
- All work for the MST degree must be completed within 5 years.
- Graduation can be delayed if changes in the Plan of Study are not submitted and approved in a timely fashion.
- The Plan of Study is due at the middle of the student’s second semester (MST, MST-NT) or the end of the second semester (PhD). Failure to do so can result in a student’s registration from being denied.
- The Research Proposal should be submitted to the Graduate Program Officer at the end of the second semester (MST) or the end of the third semester (PhD).
- Plans for fulfilling the residency requirement for PhD students should be made during the student’s first semester.
- It is essential that the graduation check be done no later than the end of the semester prior to the semester of graduation.
Last Updated: 06/28/2016