Remind students they are in a tree museum. To preserve the health and beauty of the trees, students should respect the site and may not pick, climb or pull on the plants and trees. Students may collect plant material if it has fallen on the ground or they are instructed to do so for an activity. If you need assistance planning your field trip to the arboretum please contact Dee Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 844-5770.
There is parking for 2 buses along Garden Drive, which is a short road that separates the arboretum from the Presidents home. See our site map for directions.
- Bathrooms are located on the east side of the Pavilion.
- Schools are welcome to bring a picnic lunch to eat in the arboretum.
- The arboretum has limited space where there is shelter from the weather. Programs will be canceled in the event of rain or other inclement weather.
- Adult chaperones are required for all youth groups.
- Remember to bring any medications students might need for bee stings and bug bites, asthma attacks, etc. Please let us know in advance if there are any limitations with mobility, etc.
Our programs introduce students to the wonders and complexities of our natural world. Each program is age-appropriate and supports Common Core as well as Alabama Standard and Extended Course of Study. We are also willing to provide a more custom program to suit your specific curriculum. Please let us know how we can extend your classroom study through a garden visit and be an active partner with your school.
Guided School Programs: Available Monday through Friday. Correlating standards are listed. Each program is planned for 1 to 1 ½ hours, or enriched and extended if your schedule allows.
Last Updated: 07/27/2016