View related pages
Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
A.B., University of Michigan
Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
1994 - present
Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
1989 - 1994
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
1985 - 1989
Assistant Professor, Ohio State University at Marion
1981 - 1985
Visiting Assistant Professor, Ohio State University at Columbus
1980 - 1981
Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Rhode Island
1979 - 1980
T.A. Kilgore and Co., League City, Texas
1978 - 1979
Visiting Assistant Professor, Mississippi Valley State University
Assistant Professor, King Abulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
1975 - 1977
Assistant Professor, University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
1974 - 1975
Research and Teaching Interests
Analysis: Approximation Theory
- A Report on the Santa Clara Conference on Software Patents, written by request for <www.groklaw.net>. The conference took place on November 16, 2012, organized by the Law School of Santa Clara University. My report was published on November 24, 2012 at
- <http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20121124032902769>. The website groklaw.net won several awards for excellence, and it has been selected for permanent archiving by the Library of Congress.
- “Introduction to Real Analysis MATH 5200-5210” lecture notes for MATH 5200, with homework problems, Fall Semester, 2011, 156 pages. Available for download at <www.auburn.edu/∼kilgota>.
- “Introduction to Mathematics MATH 3100” lecture notes for MATH 3100, with homework problems, Fall Semester, 2008, 54 pages. Available for download at <www.auburn.edu/∼kilgota>.
- (with Eero Salminen), libgphoto2/libgphoto2/ahd bayer.c, a practical implememtation of the Adaptive Homogeneity Demosaicing algorithm, publicly released in libgphoto2-2.4.3, October, 2008.
- (with K. Bal´azs) Approximation of derivatives on the half-line, ETNA Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis 25 (2006), 121-128. (the journal is a refereed online research journal hosted at Kent State University.