Ph.D., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
M.S., Jilin University, China
B.S., Jilin University, China
Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
2011 - present
Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
2008 - 2011
Assistant and Associate Professor, Florida A & M University
1996 - 2008
Affiliated Faculty, School of Computational Sciences, Florida State University
2000 - 2011
Lecturer, Heilongjiang University, China
1986 - 1999
Panelist for Federal Funding Agencies:
Uncertainty Quantification Methodologies for Enabling Extreme-Scale Science, DOE Computational and Applied Mathematics Program, June 2013
Proposal mail reviewer, Air Force for Scientific Research, November 2013
DOE Computational and Applied Mathematics Program, March 2012
NSF Computational Mathematics Program, April 2012
Review Panel Proposals on Collaboration in Mathematical Geosciences, National Foundation (2010)
Review Panel of Proposals on Collaboration in Mathematical Geosciences, National Science Foundation (2010)
Review Panel of Young Investigator Proposal, U.S. Department of Energy (2009)
Review Panel of Proposals on Collaboration in Mathematical Geosciences, National Science Foundation (2009)
Review Panel Proposals on Uncertainty Quantification, U.S. Department of Energy (2008)
Referee: Advances in Computational Mathematics, AIAA Journal, Applied Mathematics and Applications, Applied Mathematics and Computation, Applied Numerical Mathematics, Communications in Pure and Applied Analysis, Communications in Mathematical Sciences, Computational and Applied Mathematics, Computational Optimization and Applications, Computing, Communications in Computational Physics, Computer Method in Fluid Mechanics and Engineering, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical System-B, Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, International Journal of Uncertainty Qualification, Journal of Integral Equations and Applications, Journal of Computational Physics, Journal of The Franklin Institute: Engineering and Applied Mathemaitcs, Journal of Hydrology, Journal of Scientific Computing, Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, Numerical Methods in Fluid Mechanics, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis
Associate Editor on the editorial board of Academic Journals:
SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis (widely considered as the top journal in numerical analysis), serving since 2007, renewed by the EIC for another three year term starting January 2013
Communications in Mathematical Research, serving since April 2012
- Yanzhao Cao, Feng Bao and Xiaoying Han, An accurate and stable nu- merical algorithm for nonlinear filtering problems, accepted by Com- munications in Computational Physics.
- Yanzhao Cao, Ying Jiang and Yuesheng Xu, A Fast algorithm for or- thogonal polynomial expansions on sparse grids, accepted by Journal of Complexity.
- Yanzhao Cao, Song Chen, and A.J. Meir. On steady flow in a poroelas- tic porous medium, accepted by Mathematical Method in Applied Sciences.
- Yanzhao Cao, Gunzburger, Max; He, Xiaoming; Wang, Xiaoming, Par- allel non-iterative multi-physics domain decomposition methods for the time-dependent Stokes-Darcy model, accepted by Mathematics of Computation.
- Sabit Adanur, Yang Shen, A. J. Meir, and Yanzhao Cao, Finite Ele- ment Analysis of Monofilament Woven Fabrics under Uniaxial Tension, accepted by The Journal of the Textile Institute.