COSAM » Departments » Mathematics & Statistics » Students » Graduate Students » Current Graduate Students » Changing from Master's to Ph.D.

Changing from Master's to Ph.D.

The procedure for changing classification from Master's to Ph.D. includes

  • getting support letters from two faculty members (master's advisor and, preferably, potential Ph.D. advisor)
  • completing a Ph.D. plan of study (this can be changed at a later date).

The application is submitted to the GPO who will present it to the Graduate Studies Committee for approval. Once approved, the GPO will inform the student to fill out the form for curriculum change ( for domestic students; for international students).


Last Updated: 09/13/2021