Ph.D., University of Illinois, Urbana
M.A., University of Missouri - Columbia
B.S., University of Missouri - Columbia
Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
2007 - present
Associate Profesor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
1994 - 2007
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
1989 - 1994
J.W. Gibbs Instructor, Yale University
1987 - 1989
Member: American Mathematical Society
Referee: Journal of Algebra, Linear and Multilinear Algebra, Communications in Algebra, Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, Proceedings of the Conference on the Monster and Lie Algebras (Ohio State University), Linear Algebra and its Applications, Proceedings of the International Conference on Representation Theory IV (Lhasa, China), Proceedings of the Edinburg Mathematical Society, Frontiers of Mathematics in China, Algebra Colloquium
Research and Teaching Interests
Algebra: Representation Theory of Lie Algebras and Finite Groups.
- Geometry of standard symmetrized tensors (with H. Harmon), Linear Algebra and Its Applications (2014), to appear.
- The coefficient coalgebra of a symmetrized tensor space (with D. Turner), Linear Multilinear Algebra 60(4) (2012), 385-396.
- Group Representations (with T.-Y. Tam), chapter in CRC Handbook of Linear Algebra (2006), 68-(1-11).
- Orthogonality of cosets relative to irreducible characters of finite groups, Linear Multilinear Algebra 52, no. 2 (2004), 133-143.
- Simple modules with character height at most one for the restricted Witt Algebras, J. Algebra 237, no. 2 (2001), 446-469