Outreach Mission Statement
The College of Sciences and Mathematics at Auburn University aims to promote scientific* literacy and interest among K-12 students, teachers, and communities in our region, our state, and our nation.
- Encourage interest in the sciences in K-12 students
- Actively engage K-12 students and teachers in relevant and inspiring experiences in math & science
- To motivate K-12 students to reach their full potential in science by providing them with access to exciting, hands-on laboratory activities, enthusiastic science mentors, and a supportive environment that encourages their intellectual development
- Provide opportunities for Auburn University faculty and undergraduate and graduate students to share their passion for science with a broad audience
- To provide professional development opportunities for K-12 teachers to improve the quality of math & science education
*The use of "science" in the mission and goals statements represents both science and mathematics.
Last Updated: 06/08/2016