Travel Support

For graduate students there are three (3) obvious sources of travel funds - the college (COSAM), the graduate school, and the department. The webpage to which I direct you has more complete information, but some relevant information on each is listed below.

COSAM guidelines and application

To apply, complete the application form and submit the original and 4 copies to

Anthony Moss, Biological Sciences, 331 Funchess Hall.

The application can be typed online before printing by positioning the cursor in the text box that you want to fill in. Funds are available to COSAM graduate students to support travel to meetings where they present thesis or dissertation research. Students must be registered and on campus during the term they travel.

Preference will be given to first-time applicants and to those who will be making an oral or poster presentation as senior author of their thesis or dissertation, rather than simply attending a meeting or presenting non-degree research. Should students not be first authors on papers, some explanation why this is so should be given in their justification.

GRADUATE SCHOOL guidelines and application

For travel in North America, a master's student is eligible to receive a maximum of $500 during his/her degree program. A doctoral student is eligible to receive $1000 during his/her degree program (up to $500 per year). All graduate students may apply for an additional amount of $500 for travel outside North America. However, those who have already received the maximum amount for a degree program should not apply.

Individuals may submit only one application per review period.

Applications are reviewed monthly. They must be received by the Graduate School by the first of the month prior to the month of travel. (For example, applications for travel that begins in October are due on September 1.)


If sufficient departmental funding is available then the department will match the funds provided by the Graduate School or COSAM.

Complete a RAT form before you travel and turn it in to Lori Bell in Parker 221 (the main office). Click here for PDF.

Last updated: 10/08/2012