The Center for Educational Outreach and Engagement (CEOE) mission is transforming local underserved K-12 communities through programs and partnerships in the classroom and beyond.
CEOE defines underserved as: as K-12 students and communities who are: first-generation or neither parent has graduated from college, eligible for free and reduced lunch, students of color, English-language learning, and students with disabilities.
CEOE prioritizes working with K-12 students in the Auburn area. To make this process objective, we strive to serve students in Region 9 or Tallapoosa, Elmore, Macon, Lee, Bullock, Barbour, Russell, and Chambers Counties as defined by Alabama State Department of Education.
WHAT WE DO
CEOE provides academic support, opportunities, and college and career exposure for underserved students in the counties surrounding Auburn University currently through three primary programs:
- Young Professionals in Training is a mentoring and tutoring program for Lee County students in 5th-12th grades that provides social, career, and academic skills led by college mentors.
- Workforce Innovation Opportunities Act (WIOA) Supplemental Program contract provides intensive skill building workshops and campus visits for 40 students in Bullock and Macon County schools.
- Outreach Ambassadors leads college and career exploratory visits to middle and high school students. In the 2022-2023 academic year, they showcased Auburn University to over 500 K-12 students.
- Lee County Career and Technical Academy is a college and career skill building series with 30 workshops to build Global Communication, Entrepreneurial, Financial Literacy, Social-Emotional, and Employability skills.
- Service in Schools is a one credit hour class through the Honors College where Auburn University students both learn in the classroom and experience and help with needs in the K-12 setting.
CEOE is looking to expand our programming based on our mission, the needs in the community, and our priority population.
As a land-grant institution, Auburn University is dedicated to improving the lives of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research and scholarship, and selfless service.
Last Updated: September 14, 2023