Science Pub - November 18 at 6:30 p.m.
COSAM Outreach invites you to the final Science Pub of the Fall season! On Thursday, November 18 at 6:30 p.m., Dr. Tony Moss from the Department of Biological Sciences will lead a discussion centered on the “Mysteries of the gelatinous and transparent: Life among the plankton." Come find answers to questions like:
• What is a ctenophore?
• Can jellyfish mix the oceans?
• How can a jelly do so much with ‘no brain’?
• Do any jellyfish have teeth? Where could they be?
• How does a jellyfish that’s so soft and squishy contain a high pressure pump and get hard enough to dig in the mud?
• Do jellies carry around suction cup hitch-hikers?
For reminders of the event, RSVP using the QR code on the image, or visit aub.ie/sciencecafe. We hope you will join us at Red Clay Brewing Co. for this fun and casual night of scientific discussion and discovery.
Auburn mathematician uses $220,000 NSF award for research in commutative algebra and algebraic geometry05/23/2023