Are ivory-billed woodpeckers extinct?
Geoff Hill discusses the ivory-billed woodpecker being classified as extinct in this Auburn Expert piece. Hill was then quoted in articles in the Tampa Bay Times, the OA Now and the Auburn Villager.
Read the Auburn Expert feature:
- Tampa Bay Times: Florida’s ivory-billed woodpecker is officially extinct — but a few still hope
- OA Now: Ivory-billed woodpeckers extinct? Not so fast, says Auburn University professor
- Auburn Villager: Auburn professor refutes claim of ivory-billed woodpecker extinction
- BirdWatching: Longtime Ivory-bill searchers call delisting ‘absurd,’ ‘really premature’
- Audubon: Is It Really Time to Write the Ivory-billed Woodpecker’s Epitaph?
Auburn chemist seeks to find evidence-based issues and solutions of doctoral education through NSF CAREER Award for $737,14805/03/2022