Message from the Dean: Help us navigate the right track to return – January 2021 update
To all COSAM Faculty, Staff, and Students,
On Friday, January 8, Auburn University sent out an Auburn News email about the vaccination process. The first step to know is that the priority order for receiving the vaccine depends on criteria described here. This website lists the different priority groups that will determine how the vaccine will be distributed.
Your Department Chair and I will be submitting information to the COVID-19 Resource Center to confirm which of these priority groups is appropriate for you. Meanwhile, you can now request your vaccination at the website http://aub.ie/covidvaccine. I expect that you will be then contacted when enough vaccine arrives on campus to take administer shots to your group.
As we start a new semester, we need everyone’s help to stay on the right track so we can safely return to a vibrant and engaging campus. Please remember these essential points:
- Wear masks – indoors and outdoors throughout campus.
- Practice social distancing.
- Boost your mental health and ensure you are including self-care in your routine.
- Participate in Sentinel testing if you are randomly selected and feel comfortable taking the test. This testing will be completely voluntary but I encourage you to take part if your medical history/condition allows.
- Apply for the vaccine if you have made the decision it is best for you and your family.
During these times, I ask everyone to continue to have patience. If you have questions, I encourage you to immediately ask your supervisor, your Department Chair, or me, and not add to any rumors.
The university offers scenario guides, helpful information, announcements, and resources in its COVID-19 Resource Center.
Only together can we accomplish this and return safely to our campus.
Thank you for all that you do for COSAM and thank you for helping us all keep safe.
Annual Schneller Frontiers Lecturer shares research on separating proteins with research links to historical figures11/21/2023
Congratulations to this year's winners of DMS graduate student fellowships and those who received teaching and research citations.11/17/2023