Global Community Day Festival
Global Community Day Festival sponsored by Outreach Global (OG) Office
Global Community Day Festival is a day for bringing international and non-international communities together to learn and experience global culture, history, and related opportunities. The Covid-19 pandemic has taught the world that valuing and protecting diverse cultures is more crucial than ever. Outreach Global Office believes that uniting communities to experience diverse perceptives will enhance awareness and critical thinking about social issues such as cultural differences, customs, traditions, religion, politics and the world economy.
Outreach Global Office aims to:
- Bring global experiences to domestic audiences
- Help generate global cultural awareness and opportunities
- Promote world cultures and historical perspectives
- Enhance diversity, multicultural learning and understanding
- Reinforce the importance of global engagement
- Support Lee County, surrounding counties and Alabama as a whole in their respective economic growth
- Engage businesses, community leaders, clubs, governmental agencies, groups, and trade organizations
- Unite various international communities
Date/Time: September 2023
Location: Opelika, AL
- International fair: showcasing various products and services across the globe
- Business and trade opportunities
- Internationally focused family activities such as games, sports and musical shows
- Taste of the world: food and drink tasting
- Fashion exhibition
- International vendors selling handmade art, crafts and other goods
- Lee and surrounding counties; Auburn, Opelika, Tuskegee and surrounding communities
- All international groups, clubs etc.
- Local clubs, groups, and organizations interested in global affairs
Program Developed By: Elizabeth I. Quansah, Ph.D., MBA Director, AU Outreach Global
Vendor information to be posted soon.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Global Community Day Festival.
Volunteer registration will open soon. Check back soon for more details.
GROUPS & ORGANIZATIONS
Thank you for your interest in our upcoming Global Community Day Festival!
Your organization’s role in this will be to showcase an aspect of what your organization does. This can be in the form of dance, music, poem, participation in our cultural fashion show or parade of flags, showing cultural games, and other activities.
Group/organization registration will open soon. Check back soon for more details.
Thanks to our 2022 Festival sponsors and vendors! Save the date for the 2nd Annual Global Community Day Festival in September of 2023!
If you have questions or need more information about the Global Community Day Festival, please contact:
Dr. Elizabeth I. Quansah, Director, Auburn Outreach Global
Mac-Jane Crayton, Graduate Assistant, Auburn Outreach Global
Last Updated: June 16, 2022