How to File a Report
EthicsPoint™ should not be used for immediate threats to life or property. These types of reports should be directed to 911.
How to File a Report: Reporting is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Access EthicsPoint™ to report
- Complete a report
- Follow-up to check your report for feedback/questions.
EthicsPoint™ is carefully designed to maintain your confidentiality and anonymity at every step. Step-by-step instructions guide you to help ensure that you do not inadvertently compromise its safeguards.
Step 1: Access EthicsPoint to report: Use any one of these three
convenient channels of communication.
|Auburn University OACP Web Site||Any Computer with Internet Access||Toll-Free Phone|
|Click on the "Report a Concern" link on the Office of Audit, Compliance & Privacy web site. You will automatically be linked to the EthicsPoint secure Web site. Once there, click on the appropriate report category.||From any computer having Internet access (home, public library, neighbor, etc.), go to EthicsPoint Website and click on "File a Report".||Call
EthicsPoint's toll-free hotline at 1-866-294-4871 (Para hacer una denuncia en español, favor de llamar 1-866-294-4871). A compliance specialist
will assist you in entering your report into the EthicsPoint system.
Step 2: Complete a Report: Following the on-screen or compliance specialist's instructions please complete a report, being as thorough as you can.
- Specify what kind of report you'd like to make from the available choices.
- Please read or listen to the anonymity information very carefully. It helps to ensure that you do not compromise your identity during the reporting process. Click on or say ''I agree.''
- You will now complete the report, providing information about the incident, including:
- Who: persons engaged in the incident, including titles;
- What: what specifically occurred;
- Where: the location of the incident; and
- When: the time and duration of the incident.
- Next, you will be asked to create a password. Then the EthicsPoint system will generate an identification code called a ''Report Key.'' Write them both down, and keep them in a safe place. You will need them to follow-up later, or if you ever want to review or amend your report.
Step 3: Follow-Up: Please return to the EthicsPoint system to see if the university has any follow-up questions or requests.
- Reconnect with the EthicsPoint system using any of the three channels of communication: AU OACP website, Directly to the EthicsPoint website, or Toll-Free Phone.
- This time click on (or ask to perform) a Follow-Up.
- Provide your Report Key and Password.
- You can now elect to review report details, respond to questions, and add information.
- To review your report, just click ''Review Report
Details'' or ask the compliance specialist.
- You will be told if the University has entered
questions about your report. Answer the questions verbally or by typing in
boxes and click ''Submit''.
- You can add information to the report verbally or by using the ''Submit New Information'' box.
- If you have agreed to participate in an EthicsChatSM
, click ''Chat About This Report'' at the specified time. Type your comments into the field at the bottom of the window and click ''Submit.''
- An EthicsChatSM is a real-time communication between you and a university representative to clarify details and answer questions. Like the rest of the EthicsPoint system, it is confidential and anonymous.
- You may return regularly to review your report, answer questions, and add information.
The EthicsPoint™ name and logo are registered trademarks of NAVEX Global., all rights reserved.
EthicsChat is a servicemark of NAVEX Global