International Perspectives on University Teaching and Learning brings together a diverse community of teaching and learning professionals, international educators, policy makers, administrators and researchers dedicated to internationalizing teaching in higher education.
The symposium is conveniently scheduled to coincide with other major conferences taking place around the U.S. before and after. If your travel plans are already bringing you to the area, please consider spending a few days with us in sunny Orlando!
Join Your Worldwide Colleagues
Teaching and learning touches every aspect of a university, and symposium attendees will represent that diversity. From faculty to administrators to education experts working outside the university, you’ll engage with your colleagues from around the globe.
Network, Collaborate, Engage
Be inspired in keynote presentations. Get actionable ideas from your colleagues in breakout sessions. Share your perspectives in roundtable discussions. Make meaningful connections during networking events. And all this in the magical setting of the Walt Disney World Resort.
Emerging Topics, International Perspective
A wide range of relevant ideas will be addressed during the symposium, including:
- International collaborations in learning and teaching
- Students and faculty colleagues as learners
- Discipline-specific differences in learning and teaching
- International comparisons in discipline differences, assessment and accreditation
- Global innovations in teaching and paradigm shifts from different corners of the world
- The multicultural and multilingual classroom – physical or virtual
- Creative use of technology in the classroom for learning and outcomes assessment
- Exploration of best practices and how these are tied to culture and context
- Internationalizing teaching and the curriculum – outcomes-driven pedagogy
- Global faculty networks and global pedagogy
- Basic theory and research in faculty teaching and student learning
- Developing skills in education of faculty and advancing faculty development
- Return on investment for improved teaching and learning – competitiveness of institutions
- Emerging issues in international graduate education
- International perspectives on student engagement
For more information
Contact Jennifer Mason, Director of International Initiatives.
Save The Date
May 30 - June 1, 2018
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
at Walt Disney World
Orlando, Florida, USA