Ph.D., Kansas State University
B.S., Kansas State University
Carr Associate Professor, Auburn University
2011 - present
Professor, Department of Physics, Auburn University
Associate Professor, Auburn University
2008 - 2013
Assistant Professor, Auburn University
2003 - 2008
Assistant Professor, Western Michigan University
2001 - 2003
Post-doctoral Research Associate
2001 - 2003
Honors and Awards
Howard Earl and Carolyn Taylor Carr Endowed Professorship
January 2001 - present
Dean’s Award for Outstanding Outreach, COSAM, Auburn Univeristy
Most Outstanding Professor (MOP) award, Department of Physics
Auburn University Outreach Scholar, $27k Auburn VPO
2012 - 2013
Founder and Lead Faculty, AU Summer Science Institute 2010-present
2010 - present
Auburn Research Initiative, $10k Auburn VPR
Dean’s Award for Outstanding Teaching, COSAM
Graduate Teaching Award, Kansas State University
Presidential Scholar, Kansas State University
National Merit Finalist
DOE Graduate Student Fellowship Reviewer, 2010-present
Propsal Reviewer DOE, NSF, NASA (ongoing)
Referee for Physical Review A, Physical Review Letters, Journal of Physics B, Journal of Physics C and other professional journals (ongoing)
APS Division of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics (DAMOP) Education Committee Member and Chair, 2004-2008
Session Chair Division of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
Session Chair Pan American Science Institute, Angr Dos Reis, Brazil (1999)
Member American Physical Society (APS)
Division of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics Forum on Education
Member Alabama Science Teachers Association
Research and Teaching Interests
Professor Landers leads a vigorous research program in atomic and molecular physics, specializing in the use of synchrotron radiation to study fundamental atomic and molecular processes. He is currently funded through a three year grant from the Department of Energy and has procured over $1M in extramural research funding as Principal Investigator. He is the coauthor of 66 peer-reviewed publications, 15 invited talks at professional meetings and 119 papers contributed to professional meetings. He has mentored numerous graduate and undergraduate students.
- Hydrogen and fluorine migration in photo-double-ionization of 1,1-difluoroethylene (1,1-C2H2F2) near and above threshold B. Gaire, I. Bocharova, F. P. Sturm, N. Gehrken, J. Rist, H. Sann, M. Kunitski, J. Williams, M. S. Schöffler, T. Jahnke, B. Berry, M. Zohrabi, M. Keiling, A. Moradmand, A. L. Landers, A. Belkacem, R. Dörner, I. Ben-Itzhak, and Th.Weber, Phys Rev A 89 043423 (2014).
- Photo-double-ionization of ethylene and acetylene near threshold B Gaire, SY Lee, DJ Haxton, PM Pelz, I Bocharova, FP Sturm, N Gehrken, M Honig, M Pitzer, D Metz, H-K Kim, M Schöffler, R Dörner, H Gassert, S Zeller, J Voigtsberger, W Cao, M Zohrabi, J Williams, A Gatton, D Reedy, C Nook, Thomas Müller, AL Landers, CL Cocke, I Ben-Itzhak, T Jahnke, A Belkacem, Th Weber, Phys Rev A 89 013403 (2014).
- Resonant Auger decay driving intermolecular Coulombic decay in molecular dimers, F. Trinter, M. S. Schöffler, H.-K. Kim, F. P. Sturm, K. Cole, N. Neumann, A. Vredenborg, J. Williams, I. Bocharova, R. Guillemin, M. Simon, A. Belkacem, A. L. Landers, Th. Weber, H. Schmidt-Böcking, R. Dörner, T. Jahnke Nature 505 664-666 (2014).
- Dissociative electron attachment to carbon dioxide via the 2_u shape resonance A. Moradmand,D.S. Slaughter, D.J. Haxton, A.L. Landers, C.W. McCurdy, T.N. Rescigno, A. Belkacem, M. Fogle, Phys Rev A 88 032703 (2013).
- Dissociative electron attachment to CO2 at the 8 eV Feshbach resonance A. Moradmand, D. Slaughter, A.L. Landers, M. Fogle, Phys Rev A 88 022711 (2013).