Undergraduate Advising in the Department of Biological Sciences
When a student chooses a major in the Department of Biological Sciences they are assigned a faculty advisor with expertise in the major. DBS students must meet with their faculty advisor to be unblocked for registration each semester. However, a faculty advisor can be a fantastic resource of much more information.
Information about Registration:
Students must see their faculty advisor for unblocking. Students need to contact their faculty advisor by email to make an appointment. Before meeting with your advisor complete the registration worksheet.
Useful links for registration
- Registration worksheet
- Course substitution form
- Auburn University Registration Schedule
- DBS Long-range Course Schedule
- AU Bulletin (The online bulletin is a very useful and interactive source of information on majors, minors and courses: check it out!)
- X9XX Course Registration Form
- BIOL 4950 Senior Seminar Registration Form
Your faculty advisor can also provide advice on:
- Completing the curriculum model and choosing elective courses
- Undergraduate research, internships, and career possibilities
Each student also has an Academic Advisor in the COSAM Student Services Office. The academic advisors are always available to students who have questions about graduation, transfer credit, GAPing a course, academic difficulties, and many other issues. More information is available online.
Auburn University offers a wide array of support services for academic success and career planning. Check out the links on the Auburn University Information for Students page.
Last Updated: 07/25/2016