This Is Auburn Students & Alumni Office of the Registrar

Home > Students & Alumni


Degree Verification

Degree verifications are obtained by visiting the Office of the Registrar located on the bottom floor of Langdon Hall. For third party requests, the National Student Clearinghouse serves as the Authorized Certifying School Official for Auburn University.

Enrollment Verification

A student may obtain an Enrollment Verification from AU Access under My Academics tab or by visiting the Office of the Registrar.

Good Standing Verification

Students may generate a letter of good standing from AU Access. A letter of good standing confirms that you have a 2.0 cumulative institutional GPA or higher at Auburn University.

To produce a letter of good standing:

  1. Log into AUAccess
  2. Select "Student Menu" Student Menu Icon
  3. Click the link titled "Letter of Good Standing"

Requesting an Official Transcript

Requesting an Official Transcript

Before ordering your official Auburn University transcript, please review the options described below.

Go to the Transcript Ordering page.

Processing Options:

  • Now/Process As Is – Transcript will include all grades/classes/degrees as of the day your request is processed.
  • After Degree Is Awarded – Transcript will not be processed until after degrees have been awarded for the term. Degrees are normally awarded 10-14 days after the end of the semester.
  • After Grades Are Posted – Transcript will not be processed until all grades have been received for the current term.

Financial Holds – Transcripts will not be released if a student has a financial obligation to Auburn University. If the hold has not cleared within 30 days of transcript order, the order will be canceled and a new order will need to be completed.

Delivery Options:

  • Mail – Transcripts will be sent via the United States Postal Service.
  • Electronic/PDF – Available only for students enrolled 1997 to present. Transcript is considered official only to person receiving it. The email address for recipient cannot be changed once order is submitted.
  • Express/Rush – Transcripts will be sent via Fed Ex or UPS. This delivery mode cannot be sent to a PO Box and must include a physical address.
  • Hold for Pickup – Transcript issued only to student with a picture ID at the Office of the Registrar in Langdon Hall. I third party must have a signed release statement from the student authorizing them to pick up the transcript.


  • The Office of the Registrar does not attach documents to transcripts. In lieu of attachment, enter account/ID number assigned by application processing service (i.e. AMCAS, AAMC, NCEES, NURSINGCAS, PHARMCAS, PHORCAS, PTCAS, VMCAS, VIRMP, etc.) in attention line of recipient mailing address. At this time, CAS is requesting transcripts be sent via the pdf option when possible. They have also created an FAQ page for students: here

Other Information:

  • Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM) Students – AUM transcripts are separate records that are sent from their campus and must be requested from them.
  • Continuing Education Students – Transcripts for courses taken through the Office of Outreach can be requested here.
  • High School Students – If you have questions concerning the receipt of your high school transcript you should contact the Office of Admissions (334-844-6429 or

Additional Help:

  • If you need help or have questions you may contact our office at (334) 844-2544 or You may also contact the National Student Clearinghouse at (703) 742-4200.

Transient Approval

An Auburn student in good standing may be approved to take courses at another institution on a transient basis for one term. In order to do so, you must first fill out the transient form online.

  • To access the online transient form you will need to first log into AUAccess.
  • Choose "Student Menu". Student Menu Icon
  • From the available options, choose "Transient Enrollment for Auburn Students at Other Institutions".
  • Read the Transient Enrollment Guidelines carefully. The online form may not be appropriate for every situation.
  • Choose the term, state, and institution you wish to take courses as a transient student, and click the Search button.
  • When the correct courses are listed, click "Proceed to Transient Form" to produce and print the form.
  • *If you have issues printing, you may need to try a different browser or adjust your print settings.
  • Mail or hand deliver the form to the institution you plan to attend.

After completion of transient course, it’s the student’s responsibility to request that a transcript be sent back to Auburn University. Send transcripts to:

The Office of the Registrar
Langdon Hall
152 S. College Street.
Auburn, AL 36849

If the course you wish to take is not listed on the online transient form, you will need to see your advisor. The respective college/school within the University can issue a "Transient Student Form". The dean or advisor indicates the courses approved to be taken elsewhere. The completed form is taken or mailed by the student to the intended university prior to course enrollment.

See Transient Approval Policy for additional information.

Effective Spring 2022, Auburn University will not award transfer credit for English-language based, short-term, winter or summer international programs. These programs are non-degree programs and are not recognized or overseen by the corresponding Ministry of Education. If you have questions about a program of this type email .

To receive credit for international post-secondary work, the institution and program must be either recognized by the national Ministry of Education as a degree-granting institution/program, or it must be accredited by one of the six U.S. regional accrediting bodies. If sufficient proof of recognition or accreditation is not available, no transfer credit can be awarded.

AP, IB, CLEP Information

Dependent upon the test scores received you may be eligible to receive course credit. The scores should be provided from the testing agency directly. Please call (334) 844-2539 if you have questions about what credit you are eligible to receive.Note: Auburn University does not accept CLEP credit.

  • ACT (English) score:
  •      Score of 30-34 will receive 3 hours credit for ENGL 1100 (English Comp I).
  •      Score of 35-36 will receive 6 hours credit for ENGL 1100 & ENGL 1120 (English Comp I & II).
  • SAT taken before March 2016, Critical Reading/Verbal score:
  •      Score of 680-710 will receive 3 hours credit for ENGL 1100 (English Comp I).
  •      Score of 720 and above will receive 6 hours credit for ENGL 1100 & ENGL 1120 (English Comp I & II).
  • SAT taken March 2016 or after, Reading score:
  •      Score of 36-37 will receive 3 hours credit for ENGL 1100 (English Comp I).
  •      Score of 38- 40 will receive 6 hours credit for ENGL 1100 & ENGL 1120 (English Comp I & II).
Advanced Placement Credit Table International Baccalaureate Credit Table

Change of Major

Incoming students, to change your major prior to freshmen or transfer orientation, please log in to your applicant portal. Students, who are currently enrolled at the University, please contact your current academic advising office to request a major change

Change Address/ Name/ SSN

Change of Address

It is very important for the student to notify the University of any change in his/her address. Currently enrolled students who wish to change their address can do so by visiting AU Access or in person at the Office of the Registrar - Langdon Hall.

To change your address prior to freshmen or transfer orientation (prior to registration for your first term), please call 334-844-6429.

Instructions for checking and/or updating any of your addresses in AUAccess.
  • Log into AUAccess,
  • On My Academics tab choose Student Menu Student Menu Icon
  • Choose the Personal Information Tab
  • Then Update Addresses & Phones

Change of Name

Currently enrolled students who wish to change their names do so within the Office of the Registrar. The name change form is provided for the student wishing to make the change. To process the change, the University requires a copy of the legal document declaring the change to be provided. Legal documents include marriage license, divorce decrees, and court orders.

To change your name prior to freshmen or transfer orientation (prior to registration for your first term), please call 334-844-6429.

Change Social Security Number

Currently enrolled students who need to change their social security numbers do so within the Office of the Registrar. To request a change, the student must provide a copy of the current social security card.

To change your social security number prior to freshmen or transfer orientation (prior to registration for your first term), please call 334-844-6429

Change Social Security Number

Currently enrolled students who need to change their social security numbers do so by visiting the Office of the Registrar. To request a change, the student must provide a copy of the current social security card.

To change your social security number prior to freshmen or transfer orientation (prior to registration for your first term), please call 334-844-6429.

Privacy Settings

Students may change much of their personal information such as addresses and phone numbers by going into the Student Menu via AUAccess.

Name and privacy information must be changed through the Office of the Registrar. To update your privacy restrictions bring the Privacy Settings Change Form to the Office of the Registrar in Langdon Hall.

Turning on your privacy settings will prevent the release of directory information about you to third parties. Remember that turning on your privacy settings will also remove you from the campus directory and make you unavailable on "People Finder".

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (also known as the Buckley Amendment) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The Act provides the following rights to students:

  1. Students have the right to inspect and access their educational records.
  2. Students have the opportunity to have the records amended.
  3. Students have some control over the disclosure of information from their records.

The intent of the legislation is to protect the rights of students and ensure the privacy and accuracy of student records. The act applies to all institutions that are recipients of federal aid administered by the Secretary of Education.

Students who are currently or formerly enrolled, regardless of their age or status in regard to parental dependency, are protected. Students who have applied to, but have not attended an institution and deceased students, do not come under FERPA guidelines.

An educational record is any record from which a student can be personally identified, and is maintained by an educational agency or institution or by a party acting for the agency or institution.

  • Student grade records
  • Financial aid records
  • Student account records
  • Admission application records
  • Transcripts

What is not an educational record?

  • Sole possession records or private notes held by school officials that are not accessible or released to other personnel.
  • Law enforcement or campus security records that are solely for law enforcement purposes and maintained solely by the law enforcement unit.
  • Records relating to individuals who are employed by the university (unless contingent upon attendance).
  • Records relating to treatment provided by a physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, or other recognized professional or paraprofessional and disclosed only to individuals providing treatment.
  • Records of an institution that contain information about an individual obtained only after that person is no longer a student at that institution, i.e., alumni records.
  • Financial information submitted by parents.
  • Confidential letters and recommendations placed in students’ files prior to January 1, 1975, provided these letters were collected under established policies of confidentiality and were used only for the purposes for which specifically collected.
  • Confidential letters and statements of recommendation, placed in students’ records after January 1, 1975, to which the student has waived his or her right to inspect and review and that are related to the students’ admission, application for employment or job placement, or receipt of honors.
  • Educational records containing information about more than one student; however, in such cases the institution must permit access to that part of the record which pertains only to the inquiring student.

Who may have access to student educational records?

  • The student and any outside party who has the student’s written permission.
  • School officials (as defined by the university) who have “legitimate educational interest.”
  • Parents/guardians who have been granted access to the student’s educational record through the Parent and Family Portal.
  • A person in response to a lawfully issued subpoena or court order, as long as the university first makes a reasonable attempt to notify the student. Normally the University will comply with a subpoena after two weeks have elapsed from the day the subpoena was received.

FERPA gives institution the discretion to share certain student records (Directory Information) to a third party without the student’s written consent. All other information is known as Non-Directory, which should never be shared with a third party without the student’s written consent.

Directory Information:

  • Student’s complete name
  • Telephone numbers
  • Addresses
  • Auburn University e-mail address
  • Participation in Recognized Activities and Sports
  • Photographs, video, or other electronic image (released only in connection with official A.U. publications)
  • Most recent Classification and Curriculum
  • Enrollment status (full or part time)
  • Term/Dates of attendance
  • Degrees and awards received
  • Anything not listed as Directory Information may not be released to a third party without the student’s written consent. Some examples never to share without the student’s written permission:
    • GPA
    • Transcript
    • Class Schedule
    • Grades (including exam grades)
    • Social Security number
    • Academic holds
    • Financial/Scholarship information

What rights does FERPA afford students with respect to their educational records?

  • The right to inspect and review their educational records within 45 days of the day the college receives a request for access.
    • Student should submit to the Office of the Registrar written requests that identify the record(s) they wish to inspect. The Registrar will make arrangements for access to and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the records are not maintained in the Office of the Registrar, the Registrar will advise the student of the correct official to whom that request should be addressed.
  • The right to request an amendment to the students’ educational records that the student believes are inaccurate or misleading, if they do so within one year of the term in question. If the university decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, he/she will be notified of the decision and advised of his/her right to a hearing regarding the request for an amendment.
    • The students should write the Office of the Registrar, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading.
    • Additional information regarding a hearing will be provided to the student when notified of his/her right to a hearing.
  • The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
    • One exception which permits disclosure without consent is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the university in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, or support staff position; a person or company with whom the university has contracted (such as attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Trustees; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or a person assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks.
    • A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.
  • The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the college to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the office that administers FERPA is:
    • Family Policy Compliance Office
    • U.S. Department of Education
    • U.S. Department of Education
    • Washington, D.C. 20202-4605