Grade Adjustment Policy (GAP)

Grade Adjustment Policy, Overview and Purpose

The Grade Adjustment Policy was implemented to help undergraduate students raise their grade point average to more easily clear barriers for progression at Auburn. Carefully read the full GAP policy to see if you are eligible to use the Grade Adjustment Policy, whether the policy will help you achieve your desired outcome(s), and what the ramifications may be.

Listed below are some common reasons why an undergraduate student may wish to use the Grade Adjustment Policy:

  • To alter their academic standing (ex. moving from Academic Warning to Good Standing or from Academic Suspension to Academic Warning, etc.).
  • To meet the minimum GPA for an academic major, minor, or other campus involvement opportunity.
  • To raise their GPA to meet minimum Auburn graduation requirements, or simply to raise their GPA prior to graduation.

How to Use the Grade Adjustment Policy

To use the Grade Adjustment Policy, first complete the GAP Video & Test in AU ACCESS. After passing the test with a 100% score, work with your academic advisor to have them initiate the GAP on your selected course(s). After your advisor initiates the GAP, you will need to confirm the GAP process in AU ACCESS.

Schedule Drop/ Add

Students may add courses online from the designated registration dates for each respective term through the fifth day of that term (second day for summer terms). Departments can add students to courses through the first fifteen days of each respective term (five days for summer terms). Should students need to add courses after the first fifteen class days of the term, they need to see their Academic Advisor to request a Schedule Adjustment. Students may drop courses online through the withdrawal date of each respective term with no academic penalty. Should students need to drop a course after the withdrawal date, permission must be granted. A drop after the withdrawal date will only be granted when extenuating circumstances exist. The student needs to contact his/her Academic Advisor to request a Schedule Adjustment. If the request is to drop a course after the withdrawal date, a grade of W or WF will be assigned. A drop after the withdrawal date can result in the student receiving an academic penalty. See the section "Withdrawal from a course" in the AU Bulletin.

Withdrawal/ Resignation

Withdrawal and Resignation Policy

Official withdrawal and resignation policy

Return of Title IV Funds Policy

Please refer to Student Financial Services for Title IV Funds Policy information.