Office of Academic and Student Affairs
Class of 2025
To HSOP Class of 2025:
On behalf of the Harrison School of Pharmacy (HSOP) I extend our warmest welcome to you as student pharmacists in the Class of 2025. We are very excited about having each of you join us. The purpose of these webpages is to inform you about orientation, policies and procedures, and documentations and forms you will need to complete prior to the start of Fall Semester 2021.
Please contact me with any questions you might have or if I can be of assistance to you. I look forward to seeing you in August.
Paul W. Jungnickel, Ph.D., R.Ph.
Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Programs
Information on uploading your immunization documentation to CORE will be sent by July 1. You may begin collecting or obtaining the following requirements which are due by August 10:
- American Heart Association's Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers CPR
- Proof of health insurance showing current coverage for 2021 (may have later due date if purchasing insurance through AU) - must be updated annually
- MMR - series of 2 shots OR titer if proof of shots is unavailable
- Varicella - series of 2 shots OR titer if proof of shots is unavailable OR statement/proof of history of disease
- Tdap - must be within the last 10 years
- Hep B series of 3 shots AND titer - If you only have proof of 3 shots, you still need a titer to see if you are immune. If you are not immune, you must re-start the series of 3 shots.
- TB Skin Test - must be updated annually
- COVID-19 - The COVID-19 vaccine is not currently required, but it is strongly recommended. Many of our rotation sites require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test prior to being on site.
You may use these to submit to your physician to complete or you may submit the medical record documentation that your physician provides upon completion of an immunization.
HSOP requires all students to complete American Heart Association's Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers CPR. It is acceptable to complete the online portion of BLS offered by AHA, but you will also need to complete part 2 which is a hands-on skills session with an instructor. All students should complete a BLS course by August 10. If HSOP is able to offer CPR classes on campus at the beginning of fall semester, we will communicate this information to incoming students. Since space will be limited in any class offered on campus, please make every effort to locate a class before fall semester classes begin.
Proof of Health Insurance
All students must provide proof of health insurance annually.
Alabama Pharmacy Intern License
You will need a copy of your birth certificate and a color copy of your driver's license both in a digital format. Please have the digital formats with you at orientation. Please do NOT complete the online application until you are told to do so at orientation.
Should you have any questions regarding needed documentation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call your respective campus (Auburn Campus - 334-844-8345 / Mobile Campus - 251-445-9305).
AU Medical Clinic's health requirements
Auburn University has separate health requirements and forms. You should send those requirements separately to the Medical Clinic to the address indicated on their forms. HSOP does not have access to the records at the Medical Clinic, nor can we request your records. If you have any questions regarding those requirements you may reach them at 334-844-4416. They will require that you register for an account at https://cws.auburn.edu/aumc/pm/Forms if you do not already have one. You will then be able to access their requirements and upload to that site.
Last Updated: May 17, 2021