- Apply for admission with all application materials received by January 15 to ensure sufficient notification time as well as time to complete the scholarship application in advance of the deadline.
- Complete the scholarship application through the Auburn University Scholarship Opportunity Manager (AUSOM) by February 15 to receive consideration for Freshman Scholarships and General Scholarships awarded by the Office of University Scholarships, as well as Departmental Scholarships awarded by Auburn's colleges and schools. Updated test scores and high school transcripts must be received by February 15 to receive consideration for Freshman and General Scholarships. Depending on the student’s major, updated test scores and high school GPAs may be considered in the awarding of Departmental Scholarships.
- Pursue External Scholarship opportunities.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)* by March 1 to receive consideration for need-based scholarships.
- Respond to all scholarship offers and complete any additional requirements by the date requested.
Students who attend another postsecondary institution after high school graduation and prior to enrollment at Auburn are considered transfer students, regardless of the number of transfer credit hours earned and the term they plan to enroll. Transfer students are ineligible for consideration of Freshman Scholarships.
Exceptions are made for students who attend another postsecondary institution the summer immediately following high school graduation and enroll at Auburn fall semester of the same year.
*The FAFSA is the only form a student is required to complete to be considered for student assistance from any of the Title IV, HEA programs except for information needed to ensure the student’s eligibility for such assistance (e.g., information needed to complete verification or to demonstrate compliance with the student eligibility provisions of the HEA and the regulations). Additional information, if requested, will be listed on the student’s Tiger I Financial Aid Requirements page after the student’s FAFSA results are received. For additional information, visit the Office of Financial Aid.