This Is Auburn Office of the Registrar
Students & Alumni


Degree Verification

Degree verifications are obtained by visiting the Office of the Registrar located on the bottom floor of Langdon Hall. For third party requests, the National Student Clearinghouse serves as the Authorized Certifying School Official for Auburn University.

Enrollment Verification

A student may obtain an Enrollment Verification from AU Access under My Academics tab or by visiting the Office of the Registrar.

Good Standing Verification

Students may generate a letter of good standing from AU Access. A letter of good standing confirms that you have a 2.0 cumulative institutional GPA or higher at Auburn University.

To produce a letter of good standing:

  1. Log into AUAccess
  2. Select "Student Menu" Student Menu Icon
  3. Click the link titled "Letter of Good Standing"

Requesting an Official Transcript

Before ordering your official Auburn University transcript, please review the options described below.

Go to the Transcript Ordering page.

Paper or Electronic

  • Official paper transcripts:        $14.00 (each)
  • Official electronic transcripts:  $12.00 (each)

Delivery Options

  • Electronic (PDF Transcript) - Available only for 1997 to present graduates.
    • Printing is allowed
    • Modifications are not allowed
    • Copying is not allowed

    Note: The email link you receive cannot be saved or forwarded to another recipient. Please print and scan your transcript to send it to someone else.

  • Fed Ex Orders - Information applies only to delivery, not processing time:
    • Delivery service within the continental US only. Addresses must be within the 48 contiguous states (no Alaska, Hawaii, or overseas addresses).
    • Fed Ex does NOT deliver to post office boxes. If you enter a PO Box in the address for a Fed Ex delivery method, your order will automatically be canceled. You will have then to resubmit your order with an appropriate address.
  • Hold for Pick-up - A picture ID is required for pick up. A third party authorized to pick up a transcript must bring a signed release statement from the student stating "I, (student's name), give permission for (authorized party) to pick up my transcript on (date)."
  • US Postal Service - Unless otherwise specified, this is the default delivery method.

Processing Time

Transcripts are processed in the order they are received. Normal processing time is between 3-5 business days. For students who attended prior to 1997, it may take up to three additional business days. Processing time does not reflect delivery time. Please allow ample time for your transcript to arrive at your requested destination.

Note: No transcripts are processed or mailed on days the University is closed. Please plan accordingly with the University Holiday schedule.


The Office of the Registrar does not provide unofficial transcripts, partial transcripts, or attach documents to transcripts.

In lieu of attachment, enter account number assigned by application processing service (i.e.: AMCAS, LSAC, PHARMCAS, PTCAS, NURSINGCAS) in attention line of recipient address.

Information for Auburn Students with Holds

Transcripts are not released for students who have not settled all university accounts (financial or otherwise). If a hold is indicated on your record when your transcript order is received by the Office of Registrar, you will be notified via email and your order will be canceled. You may return to to reorder once the hold has been cleared.

Information for Non-Auburn Students

  • AUM Students: Return to the transcript ordering page and select Auburn University at Montgomery to request a transcript.
  • High School students: We do not process high school transcripts. Contact your high school or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions office for additional help.
  • Continuing Education students: request transcripts here.

Need Additional Help?

If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse's Transcript ordering service, contact our office at (334) 844-2544 or via e-mail at or contact the National Student Clearinghouse at (703) 742-4200.

Transient Approval

An Auburn student in good standing may be approved to take courses at another institution on a transient basis for one term. In order to do so, you must first fill out the transient form online.

  • To access the online transient form you will need to first log into AUAccess.
  • Choose "Student Menu". Student Menu Icon
  • From the available options, choose "Transient Enrollment for Auburn Students at Other Institutions".
  • Read the Transient Enrollment Guidelines carefully. The online form may not be appropriate for every situation.
  • Choose the term, state, and institution you wish to take courses as a transient student, and click the Search button.
  • When the correct courses are listed, click "Proceed to Transient Form" to produce and print the form.
  • *If you have issues printing, you may need to try a different browser or adjust your print settings.
  • Mail or hand deliver the form to the institution you plan to attend.

After completion of transient course, it’s the student’s responsibility to request that a transcript be sent back to Auburn University. Send transcripts to:

The Office of the Registrar
Langdon Hall
152 S. College Street.
Auburn, AL 36849

If the course you wish to take is not listed on the online transient form, you will need to see your advisor. The respective college/school within the University can issue a "Transient Student Form". The dean or advisor indicates the courses approved to be taken elsewhere. The completed form is taken or mailed by the student to the intended university prior to course enrollment.

See Transient Approval Policy for additional information.

Schedule Drop/Add

Students may add courses online from the designated registration dates for each respective term through the fifth day of that term (second day for summer terms). Departments can add students to courses through the first fifteen days of each respective term (five days for summer terms). Should students need to add courses after the first fifteen class days of the term, they need to see their Academic Advisor to request a Schedule Adjustment. Students may drop courses online through the withdrawal date of each respective term with no academic penalty. Should students need to drop a course after the withdrawal date, permission must be granted. A drop after the withdrawal date will only be granted when extenuating circumstances exist. The student needs to contact his/her Academic Advisor to request a Schedule Adjustment. If the request is to drop a course after the withdrawal date, a grade of W or WF will be assigned. A drop after the withdrawal date can result in the student receiving an academic penalty. See the section "Withdrawal from a course" in the AU Bulletin.

Change of Major

To change your major prior to freshmen or transfer orientation (prior to registration for your first term), please call 334-844-6429. Students, who are currently enrolled at the University, request to change their major through the appropriate college/school. The student obtains his/her academic file folder from his/her current academic advisor and takes that folder to an academic advisor in the college/school that he/she wishes to change. That advisor reviews the file and determines the eligibility of the student to enter that respective college/school. If permission is granted, a change of major form is processed. The Office of Admissions and Records processes the requested change in the system.

Change Address/Name/SSN

Change of Address

It is very important for the student to notify the University of any change in his/her address. Currently enrolled students who wish to change their address can do so by visiting AU Access or in person at the Office of the Registrar - Langdon Hall.

To change your address prior to freshmen or transfer orientation (prior to registration for your first term), please call 334-844-6429.

Instructions for checking and/or updating any of your addresses in AUAccess.
  • Log into AUAccess,
  • On My Academics tab choose Student Menu Student Menu Icon
  • Choose the Personal Information Tab
  • Then Update Addresses & Phones

Change of Name

Currently enrolled students who wish to change their names do so within the Office of the Registrar. The name change form is provided for the student wishing to make the change. To process the change, the University requires a copy of the legal document declaring the change to be provided. Legal documents include marriage license, divorce decrees, and court orders.

To change your name prior to freshmen or transfer orientation (prior to registration for your first term), please call 334-844-6429.

Change Social Security Number

Currently enrolled students who need to change their social security numbers do so within the Office of the Registrar. To request a change, the student must provide a copy of the current social security card.

To change your social security number prior to freshmen or transfer orientation (prior to registration for your first term), please call 334-844-6429

AP, IB, CLEP Information

Dependent upon the test scores received you may be eligible to receive course credit. The scores should be provided from the testing agency directly. Please call (334) 844-2539 if you have questions about what credit you are eligible to receive.Note: Auburn University does not accept CLEP credit.

  • ACT (English) score:
  •      Score of 30-34 will receive 3 hours credit for ENGL 1100 (English Comp I).
  •      Score of 35-36 will receive 6 hours credit for ENGL 1100 & ENGL 1120 (English Comp I & II).
  • SAT taken before March 2016, Critical Reading/Verbal score:
  •      Score of 680-710 will receive 3 hours credit for ENGL 1100 (English Comp I).
  •      Score of 720 and above will receive 6 hours credit for ENGL 1100 & ENGL 1120 (English Comp I & II).
  • SAT taken March 2016 or after, Reading score:
  •      Score of 36-37 will receive 3 hours credit for ENGL 1100 (English Comp I).
  •      Score of 38- 40 will receive 6 hours credit for ENGL 1100 & ENGL 1120 (English Comp I & II).
Advanced Placement Credit Table International Baccalaureate Credit Table

Privacy Settings

Students may change much of their personal information such as addresses and phone numbers by going into the Student Menu via AUAccess.

Name and privacy information must be changed through the Office of the Registrar. To update your privacy restrictions bring the Privacy Settings Change Form to the Office of the Registrar in Langdon Hall.

Turning on your privacy settings will prevent the release of directory information about you to third parties. Remember that turning on your privacy settings will also remove you from the campus directory and make you unavailable on "People Finder".

Undergraduate Readmission

Students who have previously attended Auburn University and who wish to re-enter must secure permission to register from the Office of the Registrar if they have not been enrolled during the preceding 12 months or if they have been academically ineligible to be enrolled. Undergraduate students who have not been enrolled at Auburn University for a period of five years or more and who are returning to the same curriculum may be subject to different university, college, school, or departmental requirements than those which existed at the time of their initial entry, as well as those which existed at the program level when continuous enrollment ceased. The university, college, school, or department reserves the right to review a former student’s completed work, and if deemed appropriate, may require any readmitted student to meet graduation requirements as listed in the catalog in effect at the time of re-entry. In addition, each college/school may have more specific requirements for readmitted students.

A student seeking readmission who has attended another college since being enrolled at Auburn University must:

  1. be eligible to re-enter the last institution attended, and
  2. have a 2.0 average overall in course work attempted at other colleges if they have been enrolled elsewhere for two or more terms.

Two official transcripts from each institution attended must be furnished to the Office of the Registrar. Students who have been away from the University for more than one term must reestablish their right to residency. They will initially be classified as a non-resident and be required to produce normal documentation.