Transient Approval

An Auburn student in good standing may be approved to take courses at another institution on a transient basis for one term.  In order to do so, you must first fill out the transient form online.

  • To access the online transient form you will need to first log into Tigeri
  • Choose "Student Main Menu".
  • From the available options, choose "Transient Enrollment for Auburn Students at Other Institutions".
  • Read the Transient Enrollment Guidelines carefully.  The online form may not be appropriate for every situation.
  • Choose the term, state, and institution you wish to take courses as a transient student, and click the Search button.
  • When the correct courses are listed, click "Proceed to Transient Form" to produce and print the form.

    *If you have issues printing, you may need to try a different browser or adjust your print settings.

  • Mail or hand deliver the form to the institution you plan to attend.


After completion of transient course, it’s the student’s responsibility to request that a transcript be sent back to Auburn University. Send transcripts to:     

The Office of the Registrar
152 S. College Ave.
Auburn, AL 36849

If the course you wish to take is not listed on the online transient form, you will need to see your advisor.  The respective college/school within the University can issue a "Transient Student Form". The dean or advisor indicates the courses approved to be taken elsewhere. The completed form is taken or mailed by the student to the intended university prior to course enrollment.

Link to Transient Approval Policy.

Auburn University | Auburn, Alabama 36849 | (334) 844-4000 |
Website Feedback | Privacy | Copyright ©
try { var mainAU_tracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-2228003-3"); mainAU_tracker._trackPageview(); } catch(err) {}