Tiger Transit Safety Guidelines
For Your Safety and Convenience
- Tiger Transit buses travel along designated routes and only stop at designated, marked Tiger Transit stops. Please refer to the Tiger Transit online route pages in order to obtain specific line, stop and interval information.
- Plan to allow ample time for transportation to and from class by considering traffic congestion, bus connections (if needed) or other possible delays.
- Please allow riders departing from the bus to exit before boarding.
- After exiting the bus, use caution and allow the bus to pull away before you cross the street. Unlike regular school buses, traffic is not required to stop for Tiger Transit buses.
- While riding the bus, passengers should not stand in the stairwells or ahead of the white line.
- If you are standing while riding the bus, maintain a firm and secure grip on the handrails.
- Do not enter a street in an attempt to board after the driver has pulled away from the customary stop.
- No smoking allowed on the buses.
- Radios may not be played on the buses.
- Pets are not allowed on the buses, except for service animals approved under the Americans with Disabilites Act.
Help Us Help You
The Tiger Transit system drivers are professionally trained as operators for the bus transportation industry. As always, we welcome any comments or suggestions about your experiences using Tiger Transit. If you think you have left behind or lost an item while using Tiger Transit, please call 334.844.4018 with your bus line information and a description of the item in question.
Our goal is to provide reliable service. However, weather and traffic conditions may force unforseen delays. Also, it may become necessary to change or discontinue certain lines. For the most current information, please check this website.