The Controller's Office provides financial information useful for evaluating the management of resources in attaining the institution's mission of teaching, research and outreach. Financial information is disseminated to various constituencies including the following:
- State government agencies
- Federal government agencies
- Other external users
Financial Reporting &
Controller126 Ingram Hall
AL 36849-5161 334-844-5588 - Office
334-844-4701 - FAX Office hours: M-F
7:45 - 11:45
12:45 - 4:45 How to find us...
Areas of Responsibility
- Preparing and publishing the annual, audited financial statements of the University, including divisional statements
- Coordination of Financial and Office of Management and Budget Circular audits
- Accounting for debt service and issuing bond payments
- Depreciation accounting and reconciliation of all plant funds
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist with training on the Ellucian Banner Finance module & e-journal voucher system, and monitor and train for compliance with federal and state regulations
- Property Services is accountable for the Fixed Asset System and the maintenance of all departmental inventories in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Tax Compliance monitors compliance with tax regulations and report federal, state and local taxes and information returns as required.