The SEIB Pharmacy is a pharmacy that was developed by the State Employees’ Insurance Board (SEIB) to provide conveniently accessible, quality, advanced pharmacy services for state and local government employees who work in and around downtown Montgomery.
The SEIB Pharmacy is located in the center of the State of Alabama campus in down-town Montgomery, and is strategically located near the Alabama State Capital, the Alabama State House, and the headquarters of many state agencies, departments, and units where state employees work. The SEIB Pharmacy is a FULL-SERVICE pharmacy, and can fill prescriptions from any physician (in-state or out-of state), not just the physicians and prescribers who work in the State Wellness Center (SWC) Clinic, and we can fill prescriptions for your spouse and children that are also on SHIP’s insurance plan.
We can dispense prescription medications, specialty medications, over-the-counter medications, medications supplies, and devices for home self- monitoring. Our pharmacy staff will teach you how to use these devices to monitor your health at home and how to collect data to share with your physician during your appointments. Our pharmacists want to make sure that you know what to expect of your medications; how to tell if they are working; how to tell if you are having any side effects; how long it will take for your medications to work; and when to return to the pharmacy or clinic so that we can evaluate your medication response.
The SEIB Pharmacy carries a full line of prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, medical supplies, and medical equipment that is needed to monitor your health. SEHIP members with the following BCBS Group Numbers can use the SEIB Pharmacy for prescription services and can purchase most over-the-counter (non-prescription medications) at a discount. If we do not have a medication you need in stock, we can place a special order and get it for you within 24 hours- including non-prescription items.
|Plan Name||Group Number||Description|
|BCBS||13000||Active State and Dependents|
For those of you who have a SEIB Supplemental policy listed above, then you can still use the SEIB Pharmacy if your primary insurance company is one of the following. We accept these major insurance plans:
- BCBS of AL / Prime Therapeutics
- MedImpact (PEEHIP)
- Medco / Express Scripts / Tricare
In order to ensure that the highest quality pharmacy services are provided for SHIP and LGHIP members, SEIB contracted directly with Auburn University’s Harrison School of Pharmacy to form a collaborative partnership. Therefore, the SEIB Pharmacy is staffed by Auburn University faculty, staff, and employees who are trained to provide the highest quality pharmacy care. Every staff member is well-trained and extremely knowledgeable about medications; and they also have direct access to Auburn University’s national experts in healthcare and medication use. Auburn’s pharmacy professors are on the cutting edge of pharmacy practice in the United States.
As part of Auburn University’s advanced practice model at the SEIB Pharmacy, each new patient is asked to have an initial, private consultation with a pharmacist for a Medication Check-Up, so that Dr. Laura Hendrick can make sure that she is aware of every medication that you are taking and how you are taking them. She takes the responsibility of being your pharmacist very seriously, and she is an important member of your healthcare team. She wants to make sure that you are getting the most from all of your medications. At the SEIB Pharmacy, we want to help you respond quickly to treatment, get better, stay healthy, prevent disease, and control chronic health conditions.
In summary, the Auburn University SEIB Pharmacy team is here to take care of you and serve you. Our pharmacy team is always just a phone call or email (email@example.com) away; a pharmacist is even on call 24/7 and available for physicians and patients to address any medication emergencies that you may encounter after hours. Let us know how we can help you.
Transfer Your Prescriptions Today
Fill out the SEIB New Patient Form.
- Bring in or FAX this form, and a copy of your driver license and health insurance card to the SEIB Pharmacy.
- Schedule an appointment with Dr. Hendrick for your FREE baseline medication “check-up” as a new patient.
- Schedule your annual “HealthWatch” screening if you have not already completed your screening this year.
- We accept cash, checks (with proper identification), most major credit cards, and FLEX spending cards.
- We cannot extend personal credit to anyone. Payment is expected at time of service.
- Coupons will be honored ONLY if they are submitted at the same time as the prescription so that they can be processed together.
Did You Know...
- That an on-call pharmacist is available 24/7 for patients and physicians for medication emergencies that may arise.
- That we accept cash, check, most major credit cards, and FLEX spending cards. That our pharmacists are experts on adult healthcare needs and medications commonly used by men and women, and are available for private consultation.
- That our pharmacists provide smoking cessation and weight management counseling and support.
- That the SEIB Pharmacy offers FREE annual medication check-ups, drug information, and FREE medication monitoring services for most medications.
Last Updated: July 1, 2017