HSOP at a Glance
Auburn’s Harrison School of Pharmacy is ranked among the top 20% of all pharmacy schools by U.S. News & World Report.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Additionally, students have the opportunity to pursue Pharm.D./Ph.D. and Pharm.D./MPH (Master of Public Health) dual-degree programs.
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Health Outcomes Research and Policy
- Pharmacy Practice
HSOP is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
CAMPUSES AND LOCATIONS
- Clinical centers in Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa and Columbus, Ga.
Auburn’s pharmacy program was founded in 1885. The school was named the James I. Harrison School of Pharmacy (HSOP) in 2000. The Mobile campus was added in 2007.
- Pharm.D: 591
- M.S./Ph.D.: 63
Students from 23 states and 14 foreign countries
HSOP offers students the opportunity to get involved in 18 student organizations
P1 Class Snapshot (Class of 2023):
- Total Students: 148
- Average GPA: 3.3
- PCAT (cumulative): 58th percentile
- Faculty: 70+
- Administrative/Professional Staff: 60+
- Preceptors: 500+
Over the past year, HSOP researchers have generated more than $3.7 million in research funding.
HSOP Clinical & Research Faculty totaled totaled more than 160 authorships last year along with 75 authorships from graduate students.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Drug Safety
- Infectious Diseases
- Health Care Policy
- Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Population-Based Outcomes
4 PGY1 ambulatory care resident positions
CARING FOR ALABAMA
HSOP is committed to improving the health outcomes of Alabama citizens by optimizing the use of medications and promoting wellness. HSOP operates two pharmaceutical care clinics and three pharmacies on the Auburn campus and downtown Montgomery:
- Auburn University Pharmaceutical Care Center (AUPCC)
- State Insurance Employee Board (SEIB) Healthcare Center Clinic in Montgomery
- Auburn University Employee Pharmacy
- Auburn University Student Pharmacy
- State Insurance Employee Board (SEIB) Pharmacy in Montgomery
HSOP offers four Continuing Education programs annually, involving more than 500 participants. For more information, go to pharmacy.auburn.edu/ce.
- HSOP Alumni: 5,672
- Auburn Pharmacist Alumni Association (APAA): 1,147 members
- APAA is the oldest alumni organization at Auburn.
- In 2018, HSOP entered into an agreement with the City of Auburn to establish the Auburn University Health Care and Education Clinic. The interprofessional clinic will bring students from a variety of healthcare disciplines together to provide care for the underinsured and uninsured in the local community.
- Additionally, HSOP students have been involved in the creation of two student-run clinics in Birmingham (Equal Access Birmingham) and Mobile (PAWS), teaming with medical and nursing students to offer healthcare to the underserved and homeless.
- HSOP’s Drug Information Center (DIC) provides unbiased medication information to Alabama healthcare professionals.
Last Updated: August 21, 2019