HSOP at a Glance
Auburn’s Harrison School of Pharmacy is ranked among the top 20% of all pharmacy schools by U.S. News & World Report.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Health Outcomes Research and Policy
- Pharmacy Practice
HSOP is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
CAMPUSES AND LOCATIONS
- Clinical centers in Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa and Columbus, Ga.
Auburn’s pharmacy program was founded in 1885. The school was named the James I. Harrison School of Pharmacy (HSOP) in 2000. The Mobile campus was added in 2007.
- Pharm.D: 593
- M.S./Ph.D.: 51
Students from 26 states
Student Organizations: 13
P1 Class Snapshot (Class of 2019):
Average GPA: 3.3
Average GPA (sciences): 3.2
PCAT (cumulative): 68th percentile
- Faculty: 73
- Administrative/Professional Staff: 52
- Preceptors: 500
Over the last five years HSOP students and faculty have secured more than $7.5 million in external funding
HSOP Clinical & Research Faculty have published more than 400 articles and chapters over the last five years
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Infectious Diseases
- Health Care Communication
- Health Care Policy
- Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Population-Based Outcomes
4 PGY1 resident positions
(3 ambulatory care and 1 community pharmacy)
HSOP is committed to improving the health outcomes of Alabama citizens by optimizing the use of medications and promoting wellness. HSOP operates two pharmaceutical care clinics and three pharmacies on the Auburn campus and downtown Montgomery:
- Auburn University Pharmaceutical Care Center (AUPCC)
- State Insurance Employee Board (SEIB) Healthcare Center Clinic in Montgomery
- Auburn University Employee Pharmacy
- Auburn University Student Pharmacy
- State Insurance Employee Board (SEIB) Pharmacy in Montgomery
HSOP offers four Continuing Education programs annually, involving more than 480 participants. For more information, go HERE.
- HSOP Alumni: 6,164
- Auburn Pharmacist Alumni Association (APAA): 1,147 members
- APAA is the oldest alumni organization at Auburn.
HSOP students have been involved in the creation of two student-run clinics in Birmingham (Equal Access Birmingham) and Mobile (PAWS), teaming with medical and nursing students to offer healthcare to the underserved and homeless.
HSOP’s Drug Information Center (DIC) provides unbiased medication information to Alabama healthcare professionals.
Last Updated: February 20, 2017