ENGL 4370: Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Literature (2001)
- Dr. Backscheider is a breath of fresh air– allowing me to think out loud, encouraging those thoughts, educating me with 18th century history, and forcing me to do my best work. Hats off!
- She was very effective.
- She is the formula-fiction model of a professor. She is actually intelligent, witty, grounded, entertaining, attractive, and worth the money I spent to take the class. She is the mistress of the 18th century and I am her humble servant.
- The course really improved my understanding of the literature of the period– I happen to love discussion classes, so this was fun. I got a lot more feedback in here than in most classes– very helpful. I would have preferred to do a paper (maybe just one big paper) with outside criticism.
- Dr. Backscheider is an exceptional teacher and scholar. I feel lucky to have taken a class under such a person. She really provoked my thinking with her extreme intellect.
- The number one quality I look for in a teacher is passion, Dr. Backscheider really had a passion for 18th century literature and it motivated me and made the class thoroughly enjoyable. She is one of the best teachers I’ve had. One of two actually and the impact is awesome. I really liked the selections. Especially Love Intrigues. Thanks!