Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Dietary Mangers Program

How long do I have to complete the program?
  • Twenty four months are allowed to complete the program. Some students complete the program in less than half that time. A diligent student will typically complete the program in 6 to 12 months.
Who should enroll?
  • The program is primarily for those employed full time in health care facility food services. Other food service professionals like those who work in correctional facilities or child nutrition programs may also benefit from the program.
What are the requirements for enrollment?
  • In order to enroll, a prospective student must possess good reading skills and the ability to follow instructions well. This is very important. If you have less than a high school education or equivalent, you may still apply for admission. Regardless of your level of education, acceptance into the program will require a recommendation from your Clinical Instructor and administrator.
When can I enroll?
  • You may enroll at anytime, because we have open enrollment.
How long will it take to process my enrollment?
  • It will take 3-5 business days from receipt for processing and return.
What happens after I enroll?
  • Auburn will send you a receipt and acknowledgement of your program registration, instructions, and an introduction to the program. Your Clinical Instructor will also receive a Clinical Instructor Manual from Auburn with evaluations and tests to be administered to you, the student.
Who can serve as my Clinical Instructor for the program?
  • Present guidelines require that your Clinical Instructor be a registered dietitian with current Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics status and have at least one year post-registration, full time experience in a practitioner roll. At least six months of this experience must be related to the subject matter of the program.
Are my Module assignments included in the cost of tuition?
  • Yes. Students will be required to retrieve their module assignments online.
Are my textbooks included in the cost of tuition
  • No. You may order all textbooks directly from the Association of Nutrition and Food Service Professionals. All textbooks for the program are mandatory and must be purchased, unless an optional text is listed.
Is the course offered online?
  • No. Currently, the course is only available in a print-based format. We are working on making the assessments and tests available online for the future.
How much does the program cost?
  • Please see the program cost information under the 'Fees' tab on the main page of this website.
Do you have a payment plan?
  • No. The full cost of the program must be paid at the time of enrollment.
Is financial aid available?
Will I be certified once I complete this program?
  • No. Completion of the program qualifies you to sit at the certifying exam that is administered by the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals (ANFP). Once you have completed and successfully passed the two part exam, you will then receive certification. For more information about certification, please visit the ANFP website.
If I need to withdraw, can I get a refund?
  • No, the cost of the program is non-refundable.
If I withdraw, can another employee take my place?
  • Another employee can replace you up to one year after the initial enrollment. If the facility paid for the enrollment, another employee can be replaced with a “Replacement Fee”. Please see the 'Fees' tab on the main page. The replacement employee will have the remainder duration of your original program time.
What if I haven’t finished the program in the allotted 24 months?
  • You may request a one year extension for a fee if you have satisfactorily completed 12 modules of the program at the time you request an extension. Please see the 'Fees' tab on the main page for more information about the extension fee.
My employer paid for my enrollment, but I am terminating my employment. Can I continue in the program?
  • You may only continue in the program if you have written permission from your employer.
My Clinical Instructor is leaving my place of employment. What should I do?
  • You will need to have a new Clinical Instructor from your place of employment submit a change of Clinical Instructor form. The form can be found under the 'Application' tab on the main page of this website.
If I receive an incomplete on one of my assignments, what should I do?
  • You will need to correct the assignment and resubmit it to Auburn. When resubmitting assignments, you must include the following:
    • The page(s) that were marked incomplete.
    • A copy of the grade summary sheet for the incomplete module.
How many assignments may I submit at a time?
  • You can submit assignments as you complete them, with a maximum of 4 assignments per month. You are advised to set personal goals to complete the program within the allowed time (24 months).
Do I need to submit my assignments in numerical order?
  • Yes. All assignments must be sent in numerical order. In other words, you cannot complete module 4 and then go back and do module 1.
What grade must I receive in order to pass an assignment?
  • You must score at least 70% to pass tests and written assignments.
How long will it take for an assignment to be graded and returned to me?
  • You can expect an assignment to be graded and returned to you within 2-3 weeks of submitting it via first class U.S. postage to Auburn. There will be information about how to submit assignments via mail in your enrollment packet.

Last Updated: December 8, 2016