COSAM News Articles 2021 August Take your best shot, and get it ready for the Arboretum’s Photo Contest!
Take your best shot, and get it ready for the Arboretum’s Photo Contest!
All submissions are eligible to be featured in the 2022 calendar. Winners will be featured on the "Winners" page inside the calendar.
• The contest submissions are open to all photographers of all skill levels from August 30th - September 26th, 2021.
1. PLANTS - Native plants: - Portraits of trees; big or small, young or old; Flowers, foliage, fruit, other parts of plants native to Alabama and the SE United States. This category will include fungi, lichens, landscapes,
2. AU - Iconic Auburn University: - Show us your take on what make Auburn University “iconic”- buildings, landscapes, people, comradery, whatever you choose to tell your AU story
3. SUSTAINABILITY - What sustainability means to you: - Share moments you experienced with friends or family, show us sustainable practices, this is your interpretation of what sustainability means to you (requires permission of the people in the photo).
4. WILDLIFE – Native wildlife: – Any subject from the animal kingdom native to Alabama and the SE United States
5. SELFIE - Selfie or picture of you or in Arboretum: - Pictures of you, your friends, family and others enjoying the Davis Arboretum. Pictures MUST be taken inside the Davis Arboretum for consideration in this category.
• All submissions are eligible to be chosen for the Arboretum’s 2021 Calendar. Winners will be featured on a "Winners page" inside the calendar. Images may also be used by the Arboretum in future marketing, advertising and promotions.
• Winners will be determined by the number of likes each photo receives on the Arboretum’s Facebook page. Voting will take place September 27 – October 10. Winners will be announced October 13th.
• 1st place winners can choose between: an Auburn Series Azalea or a $25 gift card to the Potting Shed in Auburn.
• Winners will be notified via email, with instructions on how to claim prizes. Winning photos will be posted on the Arboretum Facebook, and Instagram pages.
Submissions are open from August 30, 2021 to September 26, 2021
Photographers may submit up to 3 digital jpeg photos per category via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject must read: *Photographer Last Name* Photo Contest
Each entry should be titled using the following format: Category.title.photographer.jpeg
For example: Plants. Tree selfie. Aubie Tiger.jpeg
Submissions not following this format WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Auburn mathematician uses $220,000 NSF award for research in commutative algebra and algebraic geometry05/23/2023