Requesting an Official Transcript

Requesting an Official Transcript

Before ordering your official Auburn University transcript, please review the options described below.

Go to the Transcript Ordering page.

Processing Options:

  • Now/Process As Is – Transcript will include all grades/classes/degrees as of the day your request is processed.
  • After Degree Is Awarded – Transcript will not be processed until after degrees have been awarded for the term. Degrees are normally awarded 10-14 days after the end of the semester.
  • After Grades Are Posted – Transcript will not be processed until all grades have been received for the current term.

Financial Holds – Transcripts will not be released if a student has a financial obligation to Auburn University. If the hold has not cleared within 30 days of transcript order, the order will be canceled and a new order will need to be completed.

Delivery Options:

  • Mail – Transcripts will be sent via the United States Postal Service.
  • Electronic/PDF – Available only for students enrolled 1997 to present. Transcript is considered official only to person receiving it. The email address for recipient cannot be changed once order is submitted.
  • Express/Rush – Transcripts will be sent via Fed Ex or UPS. This delivery mode cannot be sent to a PO Box and must include a physical address.
  • Hold for Pickup – Transcript issued only to student with a picture ID at the Office of the Registrar in Langdon Hall. I third party must have a signed release statement from the student authorizing them to pick up the transcript.


  • The Office of the Registrar does not attach documents to transcripts. In lieu of attachment, enter account/ID number assigned by application processing service (i.e. AMCAS, AAMC, NCEES, NURSINGCAS, PHARMCAS, PHORCAS, PTCAS, VMCAS, VIRMP, etc.) in attention line of recipient mailing address. At this time, CAS is requesting transcripts be sent via the pdf option when possible. They have also created an FAQ page for students: here

Other Information:

  • Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM) Students – AUM transcripts are separate records that are sent from their campus and must be requested from them.
  • Continuing Education Students – Transcripts for courses taken through the Office of Outreach can be requested here.
  • High School Students – If you have questions concerning the receipt of your high school transcript you should contact the Office of Admissions (334-844-6429 or

Additional Help:

  • If you need help or have questions you may contact our office at (334) 844-2544 or You may also contact the National Student Clearinghouse at (703) 742-4200.