This Is Auburn Name Change Form Office of the Registrar

Home > Name Change Form

Step 1: Official Name Change Request Details

* This form submits an official legal name change request to Auburn University. This is only for the purpose of changing your legal name with the University.

* If you have ever received a paycheck from Auburn University as a current or previous employee, student employee, Graduate Assistant, etc, you need to change your name through HR instead, and that process is available here.

* Access to the Preferred Name request, affecting only your preferred name, is available here.

* If you have any questions regarding this form, please contact us at 334-844-2544 or email.

Step 1.5: File Mover

* Please securely upload a picture of your official ID reflecting the name change (options listed below) via File Mover. When prompted enter as the "Recipients". Your name will not be changed until the supporting documents have been received.

* If you do not have an active Auburn University login to access Filemover, please email us and request a Filemover access email. We will send you further instructions in that case.

* Acceptable forms of official IDs for name changes include:

  • Official Driver’s License
  • Passport
  • State-issued ID card

Step 2: Submit