Safe Zone Exchange
Auburn University Campus Safety & Security and Auburn Police Division University Precinct have opened a location on campus as a “Safe Exchange Zone.” There are two parking spaces designated to support the trade. The building, located at 543 W Magnolia Avenue is open 24 hours, 7-days week.
The Safe Exchange Zone is for Auburn University students, faculty and staff to trade legal items bought and sold online or to conduct child custody exchanges. Police officers will not screen items or be present to supervise trades. The area is monitored at all hours of the day. If at any time you feel unsafe or need police assistance, call 911.
Note that weapons are not permitted on Auburn University property. The trade or sale of the following items is prohibited in the Safe Exchange Zone:
- Guns or other weapons
- Hazardous materials and explosives
- Illegal drugs or narcotics
Additional safety tips:
- Do not disclose unnecessary personal details and avoid meeting at your home
- When possible, bring a friend to accompany you during the transaction
- Make sure a friend or family member is aware of the exchange details
- Beware of vague or “too good to be true” offers
- Call 911 if you feel unsafe or see something suspicious
If you have questions about the Safe Exchange Zone email us at email@example.com or call us at (334) 844-8888.