Weapons on Campus
WEAPONS ON CAMPUS
If you believe that a student or other person is in possession of a weapon:
- Get away from that person.
- Lock yourself in a secure area, if possible.
- Call 911 and explain the problem in detail.
- Remain on the phone with the 911 dispatcher as long as possible.
- Remove students and yourself from any danger, if possible.
- If you fear the person, barricade yourself and other students in a room away from the person.
- If anyone becomes injured or needs medical attention, tell the 911 dispatcher.
- Do not confront the armed person.
- Remain in a safe area until told to leave by police or emergency responders.